By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Dark Souls III is Bandai Namco America’s fastest selling title ever

think-man said:

How about this, I bet that FromSoftware will release a new Souls based game in the next two years. 

Two years? Fair enough. One week of avatar and signature control? :P

Around the Network
Wright said:
think-man said:

How about this, I bet that FromSoftware will release a new Souls based game in the next two years. 

Two years? Fair enough. One week of avatar and signature control? :P

Deal :)

great news I still gotta get into this series will prob buy DS1 or BB.

Own:Nes,Snes,N64,Gamecube,Wii,WiiU,Gameboy Pocket,Gameboy Advance SP,DS,DSi,3DS XL,Sega Genesis,Sega Dreamcast,PS1,PS2,PS3,PSP,PSVita and Xbox 360.

Looking to get: Original Xbox 

A significant portion of my soul died with the first "SMT X FE" footage reveal.

Add me on PSN: afnanthekooltrex 

Check out my YouTube channel:  

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzZ6P0251NWOf7WUTsHmw_Q

Good. I need this series to last forever. It's one of the last bastions of high-quality, non-handholding gaming that is of excellent quality. It made me realize that I HATE "cinematic games" with endless cutscenes and excessive (and unnecessary) plot/filler garbage littered throughout. Though, I am glad about how many games have been inspired by Demon's and Dark Souls, basically spawning a nice little sub-genre (Souls-like). 

Hi

Nice, congrats! I love to see a great series selling well!

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Around the Network
Mike_L said:

That's good to hear. Even though Sega, Capcom (I'm longing for a comeback of 2 of my favorite publishers) and the overall Japanese home console industry are struggling nowadays, other publishers seem to do really well at the moment by breaking internal records especially in the west.

Bandai Namco: Dark Souls III fastest selling Bandai Namco game in the west ever

Ubisoft: The Division fastest selling Ubisoft game ever + fastest selling new IP ever

Bethesda: Fallout 4 fastest selling Bethesda game ever

Warner Games: Batman Arkham Knight fastest selling Warner game ever + 2015 best year for Warner Games ever

Activision Blizzard: Destiny 2nd fastest selling new IP ever

Take-Two: Grand Theft Auto V 3rd best selling game ever with 60 mill sold (only behind Tetris and Wii Sports)

Microsoft: Minecraft 3rd best selling game ever with 60 mill sold as well

Additionally, we have Uncharted 4 releasing in 3 weeks. It may be premature but it seems that this title might end up breaking records for its publisher. I don't think it will exceed GT3's 14.89 mill or GT5's 11.94 mill lifetime sales but it may end up being the fastest (1st day/week/month/year) selling PS 1st party title.

If Square Enix's expectations is anything to go by Final Fantasy XV may end up being one of their best selling games ever as well. At least I hope so as I'd like to see the Japanese home console game development do good again. Regarding the handheld industry though, things are looking a lot better in Japan with Nintendo's huge Mario and Pokémon sales and Capcom and Level-5's strong sales of Monster Hunter and Yokai Watch, respectively.

Uncharted 4 did end up breaking records and becoming the fastest selling PS4 1st party title in both NA and Europe.

That's great! Now we just need Sega, Capcom and Square Enix to get back in shape :D

Yet another recent record success.

Overwatch became Blizzard's fastest selling console game ever.

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/overwatch-shoots-straight-to-no-1-is-blizzard-s-fastest-selling-console-title/0167671

Bloodborne pretty much marked the success of this game. This style used to be "niche", but after everyone played Bloodborne due to it being the highest ranked next gen game at the time, all eyes turned to Dark Souls 3. It is not hard to see why it got so popular.

Regardless of how it got the though, it is well deserved.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Well Namco published The Witcher 3, but behind that im pretty sure Dark Souls is my second fav franchise published by them, so good job :)

Twitter @CyberMalistix

WoodenPints said:
Ruler said:
Seems it will outsell Bloodborne

It's on 3 platforms compared to Bloodborne so thats a given.

I expect the PS4 version to have similare sales-numbers as Bloodborne when they both reach their end days

PSN: Opticstrike90
Steam: opticstrike90