By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 Becoming The Perfect JRPG Machine

Star Ocean V and Dragon Quest XI are calling to me. Does Super Robot Wars count as a JRPG? It looks interesting.

Hey! They got SONY on my amiibo! Wait a minute. Two great gaming tastes that game great together!

Switch FC: SW-0398-8858-1969

Around the Network
maxleresistant said:
"PS4 is the current best machine for JRPGs" here you go, fixed it for you

"PSone is the current best machine for JRPGs" Since it still exists and is still currently around it's still the best machine.

GribbleGrunger said:
  • Final Fantasy XV
  • Final Fantasy VII Remake
  • Star Ocean 5: Integrity and Faithlessness
  • Persona 5
  • Ni No Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom
  • Dragon Quest XI
  • Nioh
  • Kingdom Hearts III
  • World of Final Fantasy

Winners right here

The first relevant JRPG for me will be Dragon Quest 11. Hopefully it will be able to fully utilize a PS4K or NX.

JRPG

PS2 >PS1 > PS3 >PS4

Around the Network
claudius_I said:
JRPG

PS2 >PS1 > PS3 >PS4

I think PS4 is ahead of the PS3 by now with all the JRPGs it has comeing.

JRPGfan said:
claudius_I said:
JRPG

PS2 >PS1 > PS3 >PS4

I think PS4 is ahead of the PS3 by now with all the JRPGs it has comeing.

PS3 was such a poor JRPG machine and infact the Xbox 360 was a best JRPG machine of last gen.

WoodenPints said:

PS3 was such a poor JRPG machine and infact the Xbox 360 was a best JRPG machine of last gen.

I'm not sure I'd call 360 the best JRPG machine last gen, but it certainly had its gems, particulary throughout its four first years of life. It's a shame that the Xbox One pales in comparison in this aspect.

WoodenPints said:
maxleresistant said:
"PS4 is the current best machine for JRPGs" here you go, fixed it for you

"PSone is the current best machine for JRPGs" Since it still exists and is still currently around it's still the best machine.

a. Belonging to the present time: current events; current leaders.
b. Being in progress now: current negotiations.
Bro, do you even English?

Wright said:
WoodenPints said:

I'm not sure I'd call 360 the best JRPG machine last gen, but it certainly had its gems, particulary throughout its four first years of life. It's a shame that the Xbox One pales in comparison in this aspect.

It beats the PS3 in terms of quality without a doubt :P, It was sad to see Xbox drop the high Japanese support from the early years and how great the end of 360 / beginning of Xbox One could of been if they carried on their investment we could of potentially seen a few more studios activly developing JRPG's still :(