By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 Becoming The Perfect JRPG Machine

Ruler said:
konnichiwa said:

Well compare the PS2 JRPG's released the first 2,5 years compared to the PS4's one. 

The best rated JRPG's include all ports like FFXIV/FFX/FFX-2.   Two and a half years in the PS2generation you had some pretty good games like Dark Cloud/FFX/kingdom Hearts, what does PS4 have at this moment?  It only has a quantity of games for people love list wars.  Reminds me of this thread: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=215741&page=1#      People just want to collect those games but not based on their quality.

If you mean with "Rated" rated by Metacritic then thats not a valued argument, because Metacritic didnt exist during the same PS2 timeframe to compare both generations.

Metacritic is also heavily biased again japanese games, japanese review sites like 4gamer and famitsu arent allowed in the summary.

Personally I feel it is silly to not use metacritic to compare japanese games against each others because they are biased against Japanese games.

Anyway =>  FFX  92 on metacritic/ Kingdom Hearts  85 and if I am right Dark Cloud 80.  Not to bad, and FFX/X-2 is also one of the best rated JRPG's on metacritic for PS4. If you not count FFXIV it is the best one.

Around the Network
JRPGfan said:
We ve all seen the threads here on VGC stateing that the PS2 is back! PS4 = new PS2, and its the savior of JRPGs.
So Im kinda glad its not just around here people think so.

Honestly its not yet up to the level the PS2 had, but it might end up reaching those heights.

100 % yes = )

lonerism said:
Guys, I would appreciate some release dates ^^

Next in the list is Star Ocean?
IgoRPGam3R said:
lonerism said:
Guys, I would appreciate some release dates ^^

Next in the list is Star Ocean?

April: Fairy Fencer F Advent Dark Force

May: Valkyria Chronicles Remaster, Ray Gigant

June: Atelier Sophie, Odin Sphere Leifthrasir, Grand Kingdom, Star Ocean Integrity and Faithlessness 

August: Attack On Titan

September: Final Fantasy XV 

And in july: 1 am setsuna, by the new square enix studio = )

SonytendoAmiibo said:

Star Ocean V and Dragon Quest XI are calling to me. Does Super Robot Wars count as a JRPG? It looks interesting.

And what is with the best jrpg in the future, Persona 5  ?

konnichiwa said:
Ruler said:

If you mean with "Rated" rated by Metacritic then thats not a valued argument, because Metacritic didnt exist during the same PS2 timeframe to compare both generations.

Metacritic is also heavily biased again japanese games, japanese review sites like 4gamer and famitsu arent allowed in the summary.

Personally I feel it is silly to not use metacritic to compare japanese games against each others because they are biased against Japanese games.

Anyway =>  FFX  92 on metacritic/ Kingdom Hearts  85 and if I am right Dark Cloud 80.  Not to bad, and FFX/X-2 is also one of the best rated JRPG's on metacritic for PS4. If you not count FFXIV it is the best one.

Thats because western perception has changed of japanese games not japanese games

claudius_I said:
Many these games also are in other consoles and PC

But the really good one's arent.

DEAD_ORIGINAL said:
claudius_I said:
Many these games also are in other consoles and PC

But the really good one's arent.

The really good ones are subjective, just like the jokes you create.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network

fact is: the japanese producer are back with great-and awesome JRPGs in the future !!!
This is great for all = )

The ps4 sales figures in japan..chrismas-time.. cant wait. the console with high sales figures then! Tales of Berseria, Persona 5, Final Fantasy 15, Yakuza 6, Next Atelier-RPG, Battlefield 1 and the new Call of Duty, Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 is in japan PS4 exclusiv, Nier 2 and so many more games. The future is sure: More and more JRPGs are coming after that for PS4, i think.

BasilZero said:
  Its practically the best time to be a jRPG fan since the PS1/PS2 era.

i think so too. This year and the next years are really big for JRPG-fans : ) so many great games in future. Thats why.. i'm happy.

I see every day your comments, but i dont know.. - what is your Most Wanted JRPG ? Maybe you can say your top 3 Most Wanteds ? Thats interesting for me =)

BasilZero said:
KazumaKiryu said:

i think so too. This year and the next years are really big for JRPG-fans : ) so many great games in future. Thats why.. i'm happy.

I see every day your comments, but i dont know.. - what is your Most Wanted JRPG ? Maybe you can say your top 3 Most Wanteds ? Thats interesting for me =)

Final Fantasy XV
Persona 5
Kingdom Hearts 3

For this year...

Final Fantasy XV
Pokemon Sun/Moon
Star Ocean 5

FF 15 + P5 + KH3, okay i see :D Great taste and big jrpgs. Hope the best for us. Wish you a great day = )

Ka-pi96 said:
Ruler said:

Even if that were true when you're comparing Japanese games with other Japanese games it's kind of a moot point...

Thats because western perception has changed of japanese games over the years