By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - My crazy and bold BO3 PS4 vs Halo 5 prediction came through!

Tagged games:

Teeqoz said:
Ryng_Tolu said:

I get what you are saying, but you can't talk about overtracked only for Splatoon.

It's obvius that even Halo 5 is overtracked, and by a good margin... overtracked in USA, Germany, France, and UK, according to GFK and NPD.

But i already said why, see my comment in the Halo 5 wall.

Yeah could be. I dunno as much about Halo 5, but Splatoon has some very easily accessible sources that confirms it's overtracked (Nintendo Investor Relations page).

Of course It is, is confirmed >170K in Japan at digital by end of 2015, and VGC has a gap of around 50k between sold at retail and shipped as for December 31 lol.

Though i believe now VGC is undertracking Splatoon. I don't mean lifetime, i mean recently.

Worldwide sales those recent weeks are something like 15k or so, when is doing 8-10k in Japan alone...???... that's can't be right. Why should be that low, expecially since in Europe the main Wii U bundle is Splatoon+Mario Kart 8? This make no sense. Splatoon marketshare in Japan is around 1/3, and should be lower now since is more bundled in the west, surely can't be more than half.

Around the Network

3:1 was an incredible prediction... people just want to see that you predicted CoD Bops 3 > Halo 5.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Ryng_Tolu said:
Teeqoz said:

VGC numbers for Splatoon are likly a tad overtracked, considering they are very close to the shipped+digital numbers Nintendo gives us, while VGC is sold through, retail only, but Splatoon will probably end up ahead of Halo 5 either way, so yeah.

I get what you are saying, but you can't talk about overtracked only for Splatoon.

It's obvius that even Halo 5 is overtracked, and by a good margin... overtracked in USA, Germany, France, and UK, according to GFK and NPD.

But i already said why, see my comment in the Halo 5 wall.

Very good point.  Yes splatoon is over tracked on here but as you say so is halo so the point is irrelevant.  Still can't get my head around it,  like splatoon beating halo.  Just crazy.