By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Banks on GameStop PlayStation VR Demos (June - Dec)

I hope its not only US tough

Around the Network

That number... is really weird...

There are 6,614 gamestop stores in the US. So unless all of them got like 80 demo units... that wouldn't work.

My guess is that they are actually having Sony reps demo the product. They did this in the store I used to work in with the move. They had an actual guy guiding the demos, which actually helped it against the Kinect.

So, I guess they expect 500,000 people to play the demo. Only way that figure can be valid.

Zoombael said:
Lafiel said:

I wonder what that number really means - it don't imagine that's the number of demo units Sony is sending to shops (product itself is believed to sell less than 2m units in 2016), but maybe it's their estimate how many people do get the chance to demo PSVR at retailers in that time frame?

I think these units could average about 200 unique customers demoed to, which would put it at 2.5k demo units - I hope it's a bit more than that.

My guess is it's the number of the locations. Demo units - let's say 20.000 - 30.000 - being destributed to a part of those, staying for a couple of weeks, moving on to the next chunk aso. 

"Sony will be offering consumers over 500,000 in-store demos across retailers from June through December this year."

That's six to seven month. I can't imagine a demo unit staying for that long at one place. After a few weeks regular customers know the product. PSVR won't be purchasable till mid October. This is an important part in a lengthy marketing campaign, with the objective to reach as many individuals of the target audience, cause attention, interest, desire and action.

It's really unlikely they'll have the demos just in the store.  The units can't be put in a case like the consoles can.  And, if it's left out, there's no way those units are making it out of the first store in one piece.

I've got my PSVR bundle pre ordered through Game Stop. No store demo required. VR is going to be the next game changer and the next logical step for the gaming industry. They have been trying to make games more immersive for decades now. VR IS immersion.

Hey! They got SONY on my amiibo! Wait a minute. Two great gaming tastes that game great together!

Switch FC: SW-0398-8858-1969

This better come to the UK too. I've never understood why the UK always seems to get the short end of the stick. I'm looking at you RAC.

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network
GribbleGrunger said:
This better come to the UK too. I've never understood why the UK always seems to get the short end of the stick. I'm looking at you RAC.

It's like playing a pixar movie. So much fun.

Hey! They got SONY on my amiibo! Wait a minute. Two great gaming tastes that game great together!

Switch FC: SW-0398-8858-1969

SonytendoAmiibo said:

It's like playing a pixar movie. So much fun.

I very much dislike you ...

The PS5 Exists. 

Hopefully this won't flop. My biggest concern is the graphics and price/value. Oculus Rift has terrible graphics imo and VR has a pretty hefty price point regardless on what platform. Just don't want this to be a novelty item.

It'll be at all best buys as well, I bet...Wal-mart too!

Kerotan said:
Jranation said:

I know I want to try it too! 

Where are you based? 

Australia! 

The Gamestop version here is Called EBGames. But somehow my Local EB games only had 5 Xone or 360 to try out. And None for the other consoles!!! Insane right?!?!?! 

The other gaming store (doesn't really just focus on just games) is called JB Hi Fi. They have all 3 consoles (no handhelds) to try out. 

If there are any stores that would display the PSVR it would be one of these two, or if there is a Sony Store in the city (not sure). But the chance of it happening............. 

Pocky Lover Boy!