By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Golden Bolt Reviews: Ratchet & Clank (2002)

DivinePaladin said:
-Ack!- said:

Crack in Time just makes enemies take more hits and do more damage. The new game is the best way the series has ever done difficulty honestly, because it makes EVERYTHING harder - the sewer section is faster, the hoverboard AI is harder, et alia res. 

Sounds good, it comes out tomorrow in Finland, I'm just hoping that I won't throw my controller off the window on those hoberboard races.

Around the Network
-Ack!- said:
DivinePaladin said:

Crack in Time just makes enemies take more hits and do more damage. The new game is the best way the series has ever done difficulty honestly, because it makes EVERYTHING harder - the sewer section is faster, the hoverboard AI is harder, et alia res. 

Sounds good, it comes out tomorrow in Finland, I'm just hoping that I won't throw my controller off the window on those hoberboard races.

Just stay in the back of the pack until lap 3. The rubber banding is really annoying, but it won't kick in if you intentionally hang back. If you go all out in laps 1 and 2, you will not get that Trophy 9/10 times. I beat the time twice in a row and didn't get it because I came in second. (I'm sure you know how hard it was to hit 1:35 in the original.) The absolute best you can get is around 1:30, so you CAN speed through if you're absolutely perfect but I'd just line your shot and pull the trigger as soon as the third lap hits. 

And I hope you enjoy it man! I'm sure you will, it's a good-un. 

You should check out my YouTube channel, The Golden Bolt!  I review all types of video games, both classic and modern, and I also give short flyover reviews of the free games each month on PlayStation Plus to tell you if they're worth downloading.  After all, the games may be free, but your time is valuable!

DivinePaladin said:
-Ack!- said:

Just stay in the back of the pack until lap 3. The rubber banding is really annoying, but it won't kick in if you intentionally hang back. If you go all out in laps 1 and 2, you will not get that Trophy 9/10 times. I beat the time twice in a row and didn't get it because I came in second. (I'm sure you know how hard it was to hit 1:35 in the original.) The absolute best you can get is around 1:30, so you CAN speed through if you're absolutely perfect but I'd just line your shot and pull the trigger as soon as the third lap hits. 

And I hope you enjoy it man! I'm sure you will, it's a good-un. 

Thanks, I know I will. =)

1:35:053 on Rilgar ...Seriously -_-

-Ack!- said:

Oh god, that stings. I hit 1:34.990 and didn't get it because I lost. I wasn't even angry, just sort of sad lol

You should check out my YouTube channel, The Golden Bolt!  I review all types of video games, both classic and modern, and I also give short flyover reviews of the free games each month on PlayStation Plus to tell you if they're worth downloading.  After all, the games may be free, but your time is valuable!

Around the Network
-Ack!- said:

Finally 1:34:690, took me three hours =D

edit: Oh yeah, and the game is awesome best in the series.

-Ack!- said:
-Ack!- said:

Glad to hear you got it dude! Sorry, I must have missed the bump before it dropped off the front page. 

And keep me posted if that opinion holds as you finish the game. I have some thoughts, but I dont wanna spoil anything just yet.

DivinePaladin said:
-Ack!- said:

Glad to hear you got it dude! Sorry, I must have missed the bump before it dropped off the front page. 

And keep me posted if that opinion holds as you finish the game. I have some thoughts, but I dont wanna spoil anything just yet.

Just beat it. I still feel it is the best one yet. The changes that they made to the story made it more than a remake, and not spoiling anything here either but I do think that the small twist at the end fits perfectly. Gameplay on hard is challenging but not frustrating and those holocards were a great addition to collectables. Also the hints at Megacorp on Rilgar possibly mean there will be sequel coming soon.

I Just heard a huge dissapoinment apparently the distributors at Finnkino won't bring the movie here, obviously they have no taste, Tale of Tales gets a pass here but Ratchet & Clank doesn't and when someone asks those guys on social media about it, they suggest that I should go watch the new Warcraft movie xD, do I really have to travel to Estonia just to watch a movie? -_-