By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Official "Xbox Live Arcade" Thread of Info and Wonder

I figured it was about time to keep XBLA Discussions in this one central thread. Hopefully we can keep it updated with all of the most recent XBLA News for new games, price reductions, and various other things.

I'll try to edit the central post with news about upcoming games, and such. Feel free to add pictures to this thread for your favorite upcoming XBLA Titles.

Current titles to be released this year:

ffSchizoid

Wolf of the Battlefield: Commando 3

Pirates vs. Ninjas Dodgeball

Peggle

Buku Soduku

Braid

Vigilante 8 Arcade

Happy Tree Friends: False Alarm

Fractal Jigsaw

Lode Runner

Rocky and Bullwinkle

Bionic Commando Rearmed

Lost Cities

Assault Heroes 2

Plunder

Castle Crashers

Penny Arcade Adventures: OTRSPOD

Go! Go! Break, Steady

Things on Wheels

Defense Grid: The Awakening

Doritios Dash od Destruction

1942: Joint Strike

KeyStone

Aces of the Galaxy

Darwinia

Duke Nukem 3d

Feeding Frenzy 2

Megaforce

War World

Battlezone

Red Baron

Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo HD Remix

Warlords

The Incredible Machine

Pipe Mania

Butterfly Garden

Now, mind you, those are scheduled 08 releases from Wikipedia. Many, MANY titles wind up launching without being on Wikipedia...

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Around the Network

Neat thread title.

Manchester United 2008-09 Season - Trophies & Records

Barclays Premier League 2008-09: 1st // UEFA Champions League 2008-09: Finals (Yet To Play) // FIFA Club World Cup: Winners // UEFA Super Cup: Runners-up // FA Cup: Semi-Finals // League (Carling) Cup: Winners // FA (Charity) Community Shield: Winners
Records: First British Team To Win FIFA Club World Cup, New Record for No. Of Consecutive Clean Sheets In Premier League, New English & British League Records for Minutes Without Conceding, New Record For Going Undeafeated In Champions League (25 games ongoing), First British Team To Beat FC Porto In Portugal, First Club To Defeat Arsenal At The Emirates In European Competition, First Team In English League Football History To Win 3 Titles Back To Back On Two Seperate Ocassions

Hopefully the content soon, can match the title :)

Well I know which game I'm really looking forward to. Dodonpachi Daioujou from Cave.

http://www.famitsu.com/game/coming/1213991_1407.html

I loved the original Dodonpachi and Daioujou is an excellent sequel that was on the PS2. Not sure about the release date as it only says "2008"...

There is also another Cave shooter game coming, too. It's called Ketsui, but I've never tried that one before.

http://www.famitsu.com/game/coming/1214031_1407.html

Some good schmup gaming coming though Still waiting for Ikaruga to be released as well

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

took you long enough stick... lets pimp this thread

Around the Network

XBLA is my favorite thing about this generation (followed by Rock Band and CoD4).

We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that they [developers] want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so the question is what do you do for the rest of the nine and half years? It's a learning process. - SCEI president Kaz Hirai

It's a virus where you buy it and you play it with your friends and they're like, "Oh my God that's so cool, I'm gonna go buy it." So you stop playing it after two months, but they buy it and they stop playing it after two months but they've showed it to someone else who then go out and buy it and so on. Everyone I know bought one and nobody turns it on. - Epic Games president Mike Capps

We have a real culture of thrift. The goal that I had in bringing a lot of the packaged goods folks into Activision about 10 years ago was to take all the fun out of making video games. - Activision CEO Bobby Kotick

this may seem cruel, but I feel special knowing some people "can't" buy XBLA games. You know, people that don't have internet.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Puzzle Quest: Galactrix - The first one was awesome and hopefully this will be even better.

http://www.infinite-interactive.com/galactrix.php

Manchester United 2008-09 Season - Trophies & Records

Barclays Premier League 2008-09: 1st // UEFA Champions League 2008-09: Finals (Yet To Play) // FIFA Club World Cup: Winners // UEFA Super Cup: Runners-up // FA Cup: Semi-Finals // League (Carling) Cup: Winners // FA (Charity) Community Shield: Winners
Records: First British Team To Win FIFA Club World Cup, New Record for No. Of Consecutive Clean Sheets In Premier League, New English & British League Records for Minutes Without Conceding, New Record For Going Undeafeated In Champions League (25 games ongoing), First British Team To Beat FC Porto In Portugal, First Club To Defeat Arsenal At The Emirates In European Competition, First Team In English League Football History To Win 3 Titles Back To Back On Two Seperate Ocassions

Go! Go! Break, Steady is the best Idea for a game ever.... breakdance fighting.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Just an FYI for those interested:

Penny Arcade Adventures is breaking the price barrier on Arcade titles. It's debuting on Arcade at the same price it is on PC - $20.00 USD, or 1600 MSP. IMO, that's incredibly stupid, but they decided that.