By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Official "Xbox Live Arcade" Thread of Info and Wonder

Oh yeah, I forgot one really cool thing that I like about Ikaruga is that you can download the "replay" from other gamers (if they upload it?). I checked out the top normal single player replay and wow, it was pretty damn cool just watching it. I need to check out the "hard" mode replay now. It should be pretty cool :)

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

Around the Network

Ikaruga is awesome, I miss this type of games the most from the old Sega Genesis / Dreamcast era.

However, I really hate MS DRM and I for once glad some of the games are being move from XBLA to disc base.

I need to find out if Raiden Fighter is region free...

mysticD said:
Ikaruga is awesome, I miss this type of games the most from the old Sega Genesis / Dreamcast era.

However, I really hate MS DRM and I for once glad some of the games are being move from XBLA to disc base.

I don't think it is: http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-br-49-en-15-raiden-70-2hbm.html

Here they list it as only being NTSC/J compatible. 

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

Monday, April 14, 2008 9:00 AM by Gamerscore News
Atari’s Classic “Battlezone” This Wednesday!

“Battlezone” on Xbox LIVE Arcade adds exciting new multiplayer modes for up to two players both locally and over Xbox LIVE, including Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch and Capture the Flag. Plus, players can use the Xbox LIVE Vision Cam to challenge opponents on the battle field. Combine these features with new special effects for weapon firing, impacts and explosions and this revamped version of “Battlezone” is a must-have classic that fans and newcomers will enjoy.

To score points in “Battlezone,” players must shoot and destroy the enemy’s brigade including a standard enemy tank, supertank and a flying saucer.

Created by Atari, an enhanced version and the original version of “Battlezone” will be available worldwide (with the exception of Korea and Japan) for 400 Microsoft Points and is rated E for Everyone by the ESRB. For more details on “Battlezone” please visit:

* http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/b/ba...boxlivearcade/

mysticD said:

What problems are you, personally, having with Microsoft and the 360's DRM, pray-tell?

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Around the Network

I just can't stand their DRM ... I really wish you have option to transfer from one system to the next (ie allow you to reattach what you buy from one system to the new system).

I have several arcade games that I bought on my first Elite that will only work on my current 360 if I am connected to Live.  This one factor sadly limited what I spend on Live.  I would have bought more arcade games if it were not for their draconian DRM.

I am just curious what is going to happen when next Xbox comes out will all these games be transfer to the next Xbox?

mysticD -

Did you ensure your using your current, valid gamertag, and old Elite HDD, and re-download the said content?

Alot of people have DRM issues, but when mine RROD'ed, I just re-downloaded the content, and it worked 100% fine for me.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

In an old issue of OXM, there was an arcade game called RocketBowl that was reviewed ahead of release, it got an 8.0 and I think I might like this game, but, will it ever come out? it's been more than two months since the review got out.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Yes stick, I did all that and they still do not work.  According to MS service rep, they do not re-tie  DRM to new system unless they exchange or repair is done through Microsoft.

Actually if you have DRM problem after RROD, MS have real easy way now for you to re-tie your old games to new machine.  But this doesn't help people that either upgrade their system or exchange their unit via retailers Product Replacement Program.

For company that champion multiple sku's you would think MS would comes up with better way to handle the DRM.  Since I sign up for iTunes many years ago, I have gone through several computer system upgrade but each subsequence computer never have issue with any of the songs I ever purchased from Apple.  All I have to do is tell iTunes that my current computer is the one I want to tie my songs collection to.   I know MS is worry about fraud and people that abuse the system but those people will always be around, why treat your good paying customers like crap because of the few that are bad.

MS really could learn a lot from Nintendo customer service.  They wonder how Nintendo is so popular with casual and family .. and it is not the just the waggle mote or Mario that make Nintendo great.  It's the extend that they are willing to focus on their customers.

Well enough ranting....but my Arcade purchase would be more rampant if the DRM issue is not in the back of my mind evertimes I am about to click "Download Full Version".

Namco Announces Space Shooter PowerUp Forever
by Nick Breckon Apr 16, 2008 7:00pm CST tags: PowerUp Forever

"Namco Bandai yesterday announced a new downloadable game titled PowerUp Forever at its press event in San Francisco. The space shooter is set for a fall release on Xbox Live Arcade and the PlayStation Network.

While I didn't get my hands on the Stardust HD-esque title, I did get to see an alpha version of it being played. From what I saw, I would judge it as one of the most promising titles within the Namco lineup.

Players will steer a fractal-based ship around a procedurally-generated level, firing away at various enemies. The visual style was very impressive, featuring whispy fluid dynamic-based shield effects that swished around the ship and the various enemies. Combat consists of shooting standard space shooter lasers and triple-shot guns using the right analog stick, with a full 360 degree field of fire. Nothing too exciting yet, but wait--there's more.

In a fantastic twist, as the player takes down parasitic monsters and bosses, the fractal ship grows in size. And while the ship may increase in volume, the level itself stays the same--the camera simply zooms out a little bit more after each growth. Taking notice of the larger target, objects that previously seemed like walls or asteroids show their true identities as gigantic monsters, coming alive to attack the player. It's Katamari Damacy meets Spore, and a really great effect at that.

The single player game will be continuously played on one "level," with only the background art and enemy encounters changing as the world becomes larger."