By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Should Bayonetta be banned from the Smash tournaments?

Tagged games:

Should Bayonetta be banned from tournament play?

Yes 9 11.25%

No 50 62.50%

See Results 21 26.25%

Total:80

No, people should git gud.

Ban Fox & Falco. :>

Around the Network

Maybe. I'm no TO but I do understand their concerns that she is seen as a toxic character and they're afraid that she might drive away players and their tournaments will devolve into Bayonetta vs Bayonetta. That being said, it's also viable to learn the match up against Bayonetta so banning her entirely might not be such a great idea.

In any case she is definitely over the top, since her combos are fairly easy to pull off, 0-deaths which are nearly impossible to get out of and brutal unfair punishes. She's not fun to play against and playing her just feels dirty, Sakurai pls nerf.

Too early to decide, but yeah, seeing amazing players getting beaten by players who just picked the char up is unnerving.

Just because you have an opinion doesn't mean you are necessarily right.

I'm from the Arcade era. This train of thought seems ludicrous. If Chun Li didn't get banned in 3rd Strike and Magneto, Storm, and Sentinel were allowed in MvC 2 then I don't see the problem with Bayonetta. This reminds me of Cammy in Super Street Fighter IV. Players swore that she was the best character in the game but the tournament results didn't reflect that belief.

People just have to deal with it tbh, I remember in the Melee community when they banned Climbers because of Wobbling, the Smash community need to grow up and start trying to come up with new metas rather than calling for bans everytime. The character is obviously going to be patched in future anyway, I just find it funny that people in the community like Zero who last year complained about things getting patched before their potential in the meta game is realized are now in the salt mines.

Around the Network
Darc Requiem said:
I'm from the Arcade era. This train of thought seems ludicrous. If Chun Li didn't get banned in 3rd Strike and Magneto, Storm, and Sentinel were allowed in MvC 2 then I don't see the problem with Bayonetta. This reminds me of Cammy in Super Street Fighter IV. Players swore that she was the best character in the game but the tournament results didn't reflect that belief.

This.

Have you even updated to 1.1.5? Bayonetta is really easy to use, but in no way OP anymore. 

Gourmet said:

Have you even updated to 1.1.5? Bayonetta is really easy to use, but in no way OP anymore. 

The patch really did little to Bayonetta. She can still 0-death you with one good read, her combo also ignores weight and gravity so it's the same combo on every character. Witch Twist / Afterburner Kick (aerial) are still safe on shield or totally unpunishable. Her recovery is one of the best of the game and it's very difficult to gimp her, the only thing you can't really do anymore is spam Witch Time as much.

I mean she's not invincible, you can beat her. But as long as she can kill any character as easily as she can now, or punish them as easily and as hard as can now, she is in no way balanced.

It's little mac again. Jesus just give it some time. This game gets patches and it's sure to happen if people actually use her often and win tournaments.

It's not like she's winning consistently and placing first in most tournaments, but it could be a matter of time. If she's too broken, I can see Nintendo nerfing her so it should be okay

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]