By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - March 2016 NPD Thread! Hardware and software up!

Aquamarine said:
tbone51 said:
No fe numbers. :(

Eh, it sold okay, I guess.

Below 135K (although not significantly) when you include the three SKUs (Birthright + Conquest + Special Edition) together.

A different picture than Chartz would have you believe (Chartz has it at 205,195 for March):

http://www.vgchartz.com/game/85716/fire-emblem-fates/USA/

But hey, at least it sold a good deal more than Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam which is more flatlining in its 3rd month, but I digress.

Although the biggest Chartz discrepancy this month is probably Division sales.

The Division sold only 1796K units this month in NPD even including all of those bundle sales, but Chartz has it at 2,904,587.

I predicted 120-150K this month including digital for FE.

If is a bit under < 135,000, i guess is easy 150,000 more or less including digital. That was my maximum prediction, very good.

Also, The Division bundle is about 40,000 if the total withouth bundle is >1.75 million.

Around the Network

Top 10 Comparison:

Chartz:

NPD:

1. Tom Clancy’s The Division (PS4, XBO, PC): 1796K (including bundles)

2. Far Cry: Primal (PS4, XBO, PC): 318K (including bundles)

3. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (Wii U): ~308K 

4. Grand Theft Auto V (PS4, XBO, 360, PS3, PC)     

5. UFC 2 (PS4, XBO)     

6. MLB 16: The Show (PS4, PS3): ~275K     

7. Pokkén Tournament (Wii U) - ~251K

8. NBA 2K16 (PS4, XBO, 360, PS3): 234K

9. Call of Duty: Black Ops III (XBO, PS4, 360, PS3, PC): 223K (524K including bundle units)

10. Minecraft (360, PS4, XBO, PS3): ~195K

Kerotan said:
SJReiter said:
Geez. How in the world was the Wii U down from February when there were no games that month? March at least had TP:HD and Pokken. I guess there really are no games left that would make people want to buy a Wii U outside of maybe the new Zelda.

Yeah I think it's just the small hardcore on the platform buying the games.  it's not enticing in many new buyers.  

no everything is down from last month because February is simply a bigger hardware month than March.

Even PS4/XB1 are down with The Division, UFC, MLB (PS4) and a 5 week month.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Aquamarine said:

Top 10 Comparison:

Chartz:

NPD:

9. Call of Duty: Black Ops III (XBO, PS4, 360, PS3, PC): 223K (524K including bundle units)

WHAT!?

Oh shit. That PS4 bundle is killing it lol. Can you post how much did in January and February including bundle?

Aquamarine said:

Top 10 Comparison:

Chartz:

NPD:

2. Far Cry: Primal (PS4, XBO, PC): 318K (including bundles)

3. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (Wii U): ~308K 

4. Grand Theft Auto V (PS4, XBO, 360, PS3, PC)     

5. UFC 2 (PS4, XBO)     

7. Pokkén Tournament (Wii U) - ~251K

8. NBA 2K16 (PS4, XBO, 360, PS3): ~234K

10. Minecraft (360, PS4, XBO, PS3): ~195K

Nice thanks for that!

Around the Network
Ryng_Tolu said:
Aquamarine said:

Top 10 Comparison:

Chartz:

NPD:

WHAT!?

Oh shit. That PS4 bundle is killing it lol. Can you post how much did in January and February including bundle?

Yeah, bundle software sales are big these days. They aren't included in NPD's software data feed, only the hardware one, but for select titles they make a big difference. 

I'll post it later, too busy at the moment.

Aquamarine said:
Ryng_Tolu said:

WHAT!?

Yeah, bundle software sales are big these days. They aren't included in NPD's software data feed, only the hardware one, but for select titles they make a big difference. 

I'll post it later, too busy at the moment.

I will wait. And i think Meanwhile i will back to play the FireBreak.

Aquamarine said:

NPD:

1.  Do we have a split for this game.

6. I was really suprised by MLB being on sale for 2 days or so.  How does this compare to last year?

9. No we know why Sony keeps shipping the BO3 bundle. 

Thanks BTW!

Aquamarine said:
tbone51 said:
No fe numbers. :(

Eh, it sold okay, I guess.

Below 135K (although not significantly) when you include the three SKUs (Birthright + Conquest + Special Edition) together.

A different picture than Chartz would have you believe (Chartz has it at 205,195 for March):

http://www.vgchartz.com/game/85716/fire-emblem-fates/USA/

But hey, at least it sold a good deal more than Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam which is more flatlining in its 3rd month, but I digress.

Although the biggest Chartz discrepancy this month is probably Division sales.

The Division sold only 1796K units this month in NPD even including all of those bundle sales, but Chartz has it at 2,904,587.

Wow thanks. So fe over 500k. So glad its doing well

Ryng_Tolu said:
Aquamarine said:

Top 10 Comparison:

Chartz:

NPD:

WHAT!?

Considering the CoD bundle is the main PS4 sku at the moment... why exactly are you surprised?