By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What video game gave you the most hype/excitement this gen so far?

Zelda HD is my number one...close second is Bloodborne.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Around the Network

I have to say The Last of Us. I didn't play it on ps3 and as soon as it come out on ps4 i bought it and I was very happy that the game did fill my high expectations.

Proudest Platinums - BF: Bad Company, Killzone 2 , Battlefield 3 and GTA4

The witcher 3 followed by Titanfall.

Can't narrow it down to one, but Xenoblade Chronicles X, Fallout 4, Horizon Zero Dawn, and Zelda U have all really hyped me up. Final Fantasy XV and No Man's Sky areclose to matching those as well but I've never seriously played a FF game and NMS more fascinates than hypes.

Still, don't think any of these match my crazy hype I had for Skyrim back in 2011. That announcement trailer was sick and that gameplay trailer really brought the hype. Good times.

I am not the type of person who hypes things up, during 7th gen i was used to wait for a PC ports for a long time or not getting ports at all. So i am pretty much used to be concious.

The only title i was really feeling the hype was for bloodborne during the last 2 months. I was so hyped that i pre ordered a different version again.

Around the Network

I am basically the same as you with Splatoon. The firt time they showed it I was hooked! Like this is my type of shooting game! And it didn't dissapoint.

A close one as well is FE Fates...... Which have not fucking released here in Australia =( I LOVE AWAKENING! And somehow this looks like it will top it! Especially the amount of content!!!!

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Fire Emblem Fates

Horizon for sure, followed by gears of war 4. Unfortunately this gen I haven't been that hyped for many games, It's all been too safe and just a continuatuon of last gen. However it does appear that this year is the start of good things to come.

FFXV,The wild and Fallout 4.

Boutros said:

FFXV and Kingdom Hearts III since Sony E3 2014 aka best conference ever followed by the Uncovered event. Hoping for a similar event for Kingdom Hearts III.

And Uncharted 4 of course.

Didn't they reveal them at E3 2013 tho? :o I remember being extremely excited for both as well.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won