By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Cemu 1.4.1 (WiiU emu).New Super Mario Bros U and more now play great! some at 60FPS!.

wrong thread sry

Around the Network
fatslob-:O said:
I don't see why people hate emulators so much, it's a way to keep games alive ...

What happens if every console and copies of the game for a specific platform became redundant, at least with emulation you'll be able to play the game so long as you have digital copies!

While this might be true for the Atari 800 era of consoles and tapes... it most definitely holds no water when it comes to running a wii-u or ps3 game, or attempting to on the PC, not only that but the other argument of "but I can play the games in higher framerates and resolutions" which is true for something like the PS2/GC systems is clearly not going to be the case for some time when it comes to the last gen machines.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Ganoncrotch said:

"but I can play the games in higher framerates and resolutions" ...  is clearly not going to be the case for some time when it comes to the last gen machines.

While there are some issues involving the fact that Wii U games use deferred rendering that make the higher resolutions more difficult to implement than  what was done with the Dolphin emulator, it isn't anything that can't be fixed with game hacks or patches. It seems as if the team working on Cemu is prioritizing  to first get MSAA working, and most games running as close to perfectly as they can, and then they will implement specific game hacks for these features. I can see it being as we want it to be in a year or so though, especially if they decide they want to go open-source. 

sc94597 said:
gabzjmm23 said:
even if we own the disc or not, that is how the term piracy was built upon. duplicating the disc illegally.

console emulation may or may not pursued by any business (Sony, MS or Nintendo), it is somewhat illegal. Imagine after a few weeks of a console launch, a group of people able to emulate it properly 100% working fine, then I'm sure the big three would pursue these culprits.

Console emulation is 100% legal in the United States as long as it doesn't distribute proprietary software (like a bios.)  Nintendo recently took down YouTube videos of a fan-made Twilight Princess HD texture pack/mod. Trust me, if they could get rid of Dolphin (and a plethora of other emulators) they would. Also, it is perfectly legal to copy a disc for archival purposes, and it is almost impossible to prove that the copy isn't being used for archival purposes (as one can always say their disc broke and they're playing their backup.) 

Piracy originally meant theft (old time pirates were on ships stealing from mercantile corporations.) Copying something you purchased is not theft. 

selling other copies coming from the original is piracy.  I agree, if you copy your original one, its fine as long as you didn't redistribute it for your own gain. which the black market have done to the industry.  the emulators are the software copy of that console, if it way back old, I also done it.  but as much as possible I'm buying the original stuff and the console itself.  

Awesome.I'm astonished by the progress this emu is making in such a short amount of time.BTW is the gamepad supported yet?

Around the Network
gabzjmm23 said:
sc94597 said:

Console emulation is 100% legal in the United States as long as it doesn't distribute proprietary software (like a bios.)  Nintendo recently took down YouTube videos of a fan-made Twilight Princess HD texture pack/mod. Trust me, if they could get rid of Dolphin (and a plethora of other emulators) they would. Also, it is perfectly legal to copy a disc for archival purposes, and it is almost impossible to prove that the copy isn't being used for archival purposes (as one can always say their disc broke and they're playing their backup.) 

Piracy originally meant theft (old time pirates were on ships stealing from mercantile corporations.) Copying something you purchased is not theft. 

selling other copies coming from the original is piracy.  I agree, if you copy your original one, its fine as long as you didn't redistribute it for your own gain. which the black market have done to the industry.  the emulators are the software copy of that console, if it way back old, I also done it.  but as much as possible I'm buying the original stuff and the console itself.  

I don't disagree with that sharing copies in which a contract was made that it shall not be shared in that manner upon its purchase is piracy. It obviously is. But it seems we are in agreement that the act of copying isn't piracy. 

Emulators are not software copies of the console. They are independent things that work on independent hardware to run the same software the console has. If you knew anything about the software development of an emulator, it is basically a collection of compilers and interpreters that allow you to run a game that was designed to run on a different platform to run on your platform. That is not a copy of the original hardware. The exception is when they use the original bios to do it. 

sc94597 said:
gabzjmm23 said:

I don't disagree with that sharing copies in which a contract was made that it shall not be shared in that manner upon its purchase is piracy. It obviously is. But it seems we are in agreement that the act of copying isn't piracy. 

Emulators are not software copies of the console. They are independent things that work on independent hardware to run the same software the console has. If you knew anything about the software development of an emulator, it is basically a collection of compilers and interpreters that allow you to run a game that was designed to run on a different platform to run on your platform. That is not a copy of the original hardware. The exception is when they use the original bios to do it. 

does those owners/developers of the emulator have the right to run the proprietary games that was created/developed/published by game developers though?

gabzjmm23 said:
sc94597 said:

does those owners/developers of the emulator have the right to run the proprietary games that was created/developed/published by game developers though?

Yes, since Fair Use was instituted they (and everybody else) do have this right. This was a big battle between the music industry and people ripping their music to play on their PC (or MP3 player) in the early 2000's. What is a media player, but a sort of emulator (you are not playing the music on the intended hardware)? Since then, the interpretation was applied to video games and movies (assuming there is no special encryption/you use a certain method to rip.)  

http://www.hbtlj.org/v11p1/KENNETHLONG.pdf

Like I said, if it were illegal Nintendo (and Sony) would target the producers of the emulators. But they don't, and the emulator producers can even take legal action against others who use their code without permission. 

Man, this is making progress a lot faster than I expected.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

I wonder how some of the naysayers are going to explain this ...