By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Ratchet & Clank review and metacritic thread: 86 currently

I'm not going to lie, I was expecting scores of around 70 - 78, but mid 80's makes me very happy to see! :D

PSn - greencactaur
Nintendo Switch FC - SW - 5152 - 6393 - 5140 Please feel free to add me :)

Around the Network

Pleasantly surprised :)

Normchacho said:
Angelv577 said:

I really don't know I just went to walmart to pick up the game and the associate told me that without me even asking.  At least there is plenty of stock on amazon but it will be cool to know how it did in other retailers such as game stop.  

I work at Target and we got 4 aswell. I don't think Sony's expectations were particularly high honestly.

Yeah I think that is the case.

Angelv577 said:
Normchacho said:

I work at Target and we got 4 aswell. I don't think Sony's expectations were particularly high honestly.

Which is really fuckin weird, if you think about it.  I mean, they thought enough of this to have a movie made, but adequate stock to all retailers is too much?  That's just...weird.

The game has so far outsold the Nathan Drake collection and SFV on amazon on the yearly charts. It's also still the no.1 best selling video game( daily and hourly). I really hope this becomes a huge success for Insomniac.

Around the Network
Normchacho said:
Angelv577 said:

I really don't know I just went to walmart to pick up the game and the associate told me that without me even asking.  At least there is plenty of stock on amazon but it will be cool to know how it did in other retailers such as game stop.  

A legitimately AAA game releasing for $40? Sony should have had a bit more faith. Still, it seems like over all supply is OK, so it might be more low expectations on the part of some retailers. 

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

mornelithe said:
Angelv577 said:

Which is really fuckin weird, if you think about it.  I mean, they thought enough of this to have a movie made, but adequate stock to all retailers is too much?  That's just...weird.

If there are other people around like me then a fair few people assumed it was digital only anyway.

More copies might see their way into stores when the movie comes out though.

Good to hear critics like it. I just bought the game blindly. PS4 needs some exclusives like this!

mornelithe said:
Angelv577 said:

The game was made because of the movie, not the other way around. Insomniac said it

Neodegenerate said:
Angelv577 said:

when I got my copy yesterday at walmart, the associate told me they only received 4 copy and I was like really?  apparently sony didn't ship that much.

I got the last copy from my local gamestop when I went and picked it up yesterday.  They had gotten a couple dozen copies though, which I take as a good sign.  Walmart only getting 4 is really weird though.

Really weird.  His comments caught me by surprise.  I even misundestood the first time thinking there were only 4 copies left.