By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - GT5p Sold out at Play.com

play.com are reporting that their initial stock of GT5P has now sold out.  They are suggesting that any orders made on or after the 25th of March should be met week commencing 31st March;

"Our initial allocation of stock has now sold through. All orders placed on or after 25th March will be fulfilled week commencing 31st March."

It's testament to the popularity of the series that this half way house type of release still has huge appeal.  It's also the top PS3 seller on amazon.  Vroom and vroom.

http://frag-cast.blogspot.com/2008/03/gt5-prologue-sold-out.html

Around the Network

good news for sony

Manchester United 2008-09 Season - Trophies & Records

Barclays Premier League 2008-09: 1st // UEFA Champions League 2008-09: Finals (Yet To Play) // FIFA Club World Cup: Winners // UEFA Super Cup: Runners-up // FA Cup: Semi-Finals // League (Carling) Cup: Winners // FA (Charity) Community Shield: Winners
Records: First British Team To Win FIFA Club World Cup, New Record for No. Of Consecutive Clean Sheets In Premier League, New English & British League Records for Minutes Without Conceding, New Record For Going Undeafeated In Champions League (25 games ongoing), First British Team To Beat FC Porto In Portugal, First Club To Defeat Arsenal At The Emirates In European Competition, First Team In English League Football History To Win 3 Titles Back To Back On Two Seperate Ocassions

Yes GT is great and this is good news.

I wonder what the first week's sales will be for this game? I mean it is released on the 28th (friday) so will only be 2 days sales in the VGChartz data but it should still be quite a number!

Also, it's on the 1st on spot at Amazon.co.uk with the second spot being held by GTAIV PS3. I think PS3 momentum is going to grow even more in Europe.

PS: They should send more Wiis from Europe over here... #11 @ amazon.co.uk and it's available.

PSN ID: krik

Optimistic predictions for 2008 (Feb 5 2008): Wii = 20M, PS3 = 14M, X360 = 9.5M

Around the Network

I'm not surprised as they were the cheapest in Europe for a long time. They aren't anymore btw. Another Uk site is (creditcard required).

You can view it on this price-comparing website: http://www.budgetgaming.nl/game-profile/ps3+-+gran+turismo+5:+prologue_preorder.html

It will be out, March 28, as well as many other nice games, like God of War.

it was really unexpected from me

GT5 would be huge, sure
but
GT5 "p" .... unexpected !!!

Time to Work !

@Squall: 2 days for new releases in Europe is normal.

Yeah i know, i live in the UK but i'm just saying before anyone comments negatively on the amount sold, being that it was only 2 days :D

Squall_Leonhart said:
Yeah i know, i live in the UK but i'm just saying before anyone comments negatively on the amount sold, being that it was only 2 days :D

It will sell very well, based upon it's name only. It could reign until GTA IV comes...