By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo releasing mobile app Good idea or a sign of weakness?

I personally believe it's a very good idea and hope all the best for them. Nintendo is my favorite video game company and wish to see them return to their former glory

gamertag Brainteeth

psn Brainteeth

ios Brainteeth

Nintendo Network Brainteeth

Instagram Brainteeth

Around the Network

It doesn't hurt their consoles so it's more like a way of advertising.

It's pretty much a separate thing from their consoles, and only adds to their My Nintendo program, so it's doing nothing but good.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

It was more of a sign of weakness cutting themselves off of the exposure and money cell phones had to offer due to being stubborn.

The only problem is that it s a crappy app. Fun for 10min and then you just stop using it.

It's got momentum right now because of the Nintendo name it carries, but I really don't see it being a success in the future. 

What a waste

Around the Network

Great idea, mobile is good business.

maxleresistant said:

The only problem is that it s a crappy app. Fun for 10min and then you just stop using it.

It's got momentum right now because of the Nintendo name it carries, but I really don't see it being a success in the future. 

What a waste

It just means it's not 4u. Would you get into tomodachi Life? Probably not like myself yet the game is at 5mil sold on 3ds :o

maxleresistant said:

What a waste

Get friends and Miitomo is fun. get friends who are hilarious(or are weird) and Miitomo can be hilarious

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

Miitomo is a pretty neat app, but I like the rewards feature that goes along with it more honestly. Every day I get a few My Nintendo points, and I've already used those points to get myself Zelda Picross, a 3DS game.

If the app stood on its own, I'm sure I'd be bored by now, and would probably be more concerned. Using a free app to get discounts on console games though? If that's the overall aim, then I welcome more apps like this.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

maxleresistant said:

What a waste

Theres a target market for eveything. The company or even us shouldn't expect everyone to hop in, like the product and keep using it for every product that is out there. 

Nintendo might make an app that is for a target market you belong in. 

This is just the start. Nintendo is finally expanding more. 

Pocky Lover Boy!