By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Vote for the top 5 games you will purchase this year...

5. mario galaxy

4. manhunt 2

3. smash bros brawl

2. escape from bug island

1. tomb raider anniversary (wii verison)

Nintendo Network ID: Sherlock99

Around the Network

5. Mass Effect

4. Mario Galaxy

3. Little Big Planet

2. Metroid Prime 3

1. Resident Evil Umrella Chronicles

@ Sherlock99 - Escape from Bug island is just the new name given to the Japanese game "Necro Nesia" Go check out the reviews, it's an absolute crapper of a game. 

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

The Nintendo Big Three are kicking ass and taking names. Maybe this forum is Wii-biased. ;)

If I had more space I would have loved to add Manhunt 2, No More Heroes, and Resident Evil UC :(

Entroper said:
The Nintendo Big Three are kicking ass and taking names. Maybe this forum is Wii-biased. ;)

No, its just reality ;)

On another note...

I am really looking forward to Dragon Quest: Swords. I think the preview was deceptively shallow - but I think a more appropriate term would be "simple".

I am expecting it to be "simple" in the same way that Wii Sports is simple - anyone can play it. The magic element, combos and exploration all have potential to make the game very deep. I also don't mind that it is on-rails, but would definitely prefer if they allowed you to explore an area multiple times (no idea if you can).

Imagine getting a spell later on that allows you to smash rocks, then you head back to an early area, smash some rocks and unlock a new path.

I'm just hoping that SquareEnix have seen the potential in the game, and really put some serious development effort into it (they usually do). I just love the idea of a "1st-person" adventure game on the Wii (wield sword & shield directly), and this really does seem to be it. Its a step closer to what a Star Wars title could do ;)

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Around the Network

5 Mario Galaxy(My most wanted)

4 Halo 3 (2nd Most wanted)

3 Smash Bros (3rd Most wanted)

2 Nights (4th most wanted)

1 LBP demo (My 5th most wanted, I dont care if its a download Im still anticipating it.)

Theres my list :D

Machina-AX said:

Another thread for hand-held titles would be a good idea :)

Might give it a go, once this thread is done (say 100 users). May revamp the system as well, to make it easier for people to vote properly (any number of titles, with a "want" rating of 1-5 for each?). Of course if someone else wants to start/manage it, go ahead ;)

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Hello

My top is :

5. Blue Dragon

4. BioShock

3. Mass Effect

4. Eternal Sonata

5. Halo 3

Bye.

Zones : I still don't understand all the love for Blizzard, what was the last game they developed worth playing?

5.  God of War: Chains of Olympus

4.  Silent Hill Origins

3.  Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops

2.  Syphon Filter: Logans Shadow

1.  Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core 

Prediction (June 12th 2017)

Permanent pricedrop for both PS4 Slim and PS4 Pro in October.

PS4 Slim $249 (October 2017)

PS4 Pro $349 (October 2017)

lol Davygee, no handheld titles.

P.S. should we even count people who are making their first and only post on the forum in this thread? Isn't that just a tad suspicious?

mrpapaye?

Lazybum131?

Frozenfuryblade?

meteora?