By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - VGChartz Civil War: Banquet of Crow (NX Edition)

Come to 2017 guys, we have cookies

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Around the Network
Slarvax said:

But I hate oreos.

Can you please put me down for 2012? My bold guess is that the NX will be a 3 device code name:

1) Wii U - Rebranded NX 1 and sold for a lot less (minues the gamepad). Already released, but will do a rebranded in the future.

2) NXP (Portable) - Same hardware capabilities as the NX 1, but portable. Handheld with 1080p screen(s).

3) SNX (Super NX) - 4k ultra game console device

I suspect I'm the only one that is predicting we already own part of NX (and have since 2012).

I am saddened I didn't make the cut for the cover photo despite being edited twice after me joining. ='(

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Wright said:
Slarvax said:

But I hate oreos.

And they hate you >:(

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Around the Network
Slarvax said:
Wright said:

But I hate oreos.

zorg1000 said:
bigtakilla said:

How? It will still be announced this year.... Shown off and even hype will only steamroll. Heck, look at just what the announcement of a simple codename at an investors meeting did roughly a year ago, you can't go longer than a few days without more speculation. And it isn't just on here, any major gaming site and countless youtube videos of both Nintendo champions and detractors are flooding the site with the stuff. 

which kinda goes along with my point, having an official unveiling 1.5 years in advance will just hurt sales of their current devices even more and they are already doing pretty bad as it is.

Just imagine how poorly Wii U & 3DS will be selling in Spring/Summer 2017.

Drop the price significantly (its practically the same prIce as the PS4), make a LoZ collectors edition and have some games for 2017. Strive to recoup the losses through software sales. Make a few more software offerings for 2017 and at least 1 big title.

As far as 3DS, just get some new games people care about. 

Wright said:
Slarvax said:

*Epic music in the background*

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Ad me to the 2016 camp!

bigtakilla said:
zorg1000 said:

which kinda goes along with my point, having an official unveiling 1.5 years in advance will just hurt sales of their current devices even more and they are already doing pretty bad as it is.

Just imagine how poorly Wii U & 3DS will be selling in Spring/Summer 2017.

Drop the price significantly (its practically the same prIce as the PS4), make a LoZ collectors edition and have some games for 2017. Strive to recoup the losses through software sales. Make a few more software offerings for 2017 and at least 1 big title.

As far as 3DS, just get some new games people care about. 

If Nintendo wanted to drop the Wii U price it would have happened last holiday season. Nintendo is not going to take any more unneeded losses on the Wii U, that's the end of the story.