By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Digital Foundry vs Final Fantasy XV Platinum demo

spemanig said:
naruball said:
Jesus Christ. Gamers and their exaggerations. It's like some people's scale goes: amazing, great, shit. There's decent, mediocre, ok, acceptable, could be better, etc. But no!!! If it ain't perfect it's garbage.

Hitting 15fps ever is garbage, dude.

It is not. Plenty of great games hit 15fps in certain areas and are still concidered masterpieces.

Around the Network
Qwark said:
Hynad said:

3 months from now. But what tells you that the process hasn't already started a while ago?

Episode Duscae is much more fleshed out than the "Platinum Demo" and it runs much better, even if it does have some small issues. So I don't think anyone should take the performance of the new demo at face value.

It still is the most recent demo so it should represent the latest build. Why would they use an older build for a new demo. For all we know the latest build runs like this the entire time and that's not remotely impressive. Well we shall see September the 30th, but I think the performance off this game might not be a smooth 30fps experience which should be the bare minimum.

Because the demo was made separately and isn't even a part of the final game? So obviously optimization was done separately. Duscae was larger in scope AND was part of what you will be playing in the final game so that's a better glimpse of how the game is progressing so far and not Platinum demo.

It's weird. The trailers featured smooth gameplay and cutscenes, but the demo was really laggy. I could feel it, now seeing the DF video I can see why... I hope it's just an old demo and the final game runs better. x.x

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

I Don't know why but it seems that some people want Final Fantasy XV, to Fail, it can open the possibility of more JRPG games, just like FF7, did, it can bring more people into the genre, and maybe we will see a Chrono Trigger, or XenoGears game from other companies, or even from Square, if the genre became more popular.

Lafiel said:

a "stable" 20fps is actually a playable state that 90+% of the users aren't even all too concerned about

I dunno, I think most gamers would find 20fps annoying. Even those who aren't particularly sensitive to framerate can tell the difference between 30fps and 20fps.

StokedUp said:
Are people really this fussy and mardy about their games that stupid petty details like resolution make the difference for them? Honestly I'm glad I'm not that fussy about the games I play, the demo was a pleasant play for me, just a little experience with the game and I'm really looking forward to it now, the characters, story and world all seem interesting and I can't wait to get stuck into it. If it drops to 900p or Lower I probably won't even notice and it definitely won't faze me in the slightest.

I'm not big on resolution myself, 720p still looks fine to me. Hell, I can still play Wii games in glorious 480p and have fun.

However, significant drops below 30fps can considerably worsen the gameplay experience for many.

Around the Network

This game is 10 years in the making. I have no clue why they released THIS demo ...

PC I i7 3770K @4.5Ghz I 16GB 2400Mhz I GTX 980Ti FTW

Consoles I PS4 Pro I Xbox One S 2TB I Wii U I Xbox 360 S

Woah! Is that the song from the initial versus XIII trailer a decade ago? Getting major nostalgia here.

That performance is really disappointing, though. The game is gorgeous, yes, but they may need to tone it down a little for the full release. On another note, this game running at 25fps looks identical to my PC when I set a 30fps lock on games. I'll have to look into this.

naruball said:
spemanig said:

Hitting 15fps ever is garbage, dude.

It is not. Plenty of great games hit 15fps in certain areas and are still concidered masterpieces.

It's not my problem people don't approiately use the word masterpeice. 

I played the Episode Duscae a year ago, so I was letdown the demo was more like a normal demo in its scope. However, I love the fact I can hand the controller to my 5 year old in the play room place and she just runs around for like 45 min.

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

FunFan said:
I know the best fix for this problem. It's PC, yay!!!

We'll get in. In 6  years or so....