By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - The Untruth About Donald Trump.

There's a lot of talk about Donald Trump but... can you separate the truth from the hyperbole? This vid might help you, or not. I don't care, I just like the subtle humor in it. Anyway, it discusses how Trump manipulates the media and also how the media looks for the most controversial angle of him, usually bending the truth. I thought it was insightful enough to share here. WARNING: lots of political talk (duh!).

“Simple minds have always confused great honesty with great rudeness.” - Sherlock Holmes, Elementary (2013).

"Did you guys expected some actual rational fact-based reasoning? ...you should already know I'm all about BS and fraudulence." - FunFan, VGchartz (2016)

Around the Network

Of course. Most trump haters dont even know why they hate trump. The media and society has twisted everyones view on him, hes not "literally hitler" ...

I hate everybody equally,

Never thought I'd see Stefan Molyneux posted on here.

If you can stomach it, his (imo) best video of all time - Iraq: A Decade of Hell - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtuk08E09cw

Whatever points he may have, I am not willing to sit through an hour of massive overreaction. For instance, on Trump's quote about lots of illegal immigrants being rapists, Molyneux submits the defense (among others) that the rapist charge is justified on account of reports that 60-80% of women traveling the entirety of Mexico trying to get to the USA from Central America get raped before reaching their destination. It's almost a complete non sequitur. There is no indication (that I see here) that ties the rate of rape of those women to their fellow immigrants. Obviously with the numbers of immigrants that exist there would be some, but I see no valid argument on this point in the evidence he gives.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Around the Network
Final-Fan said:
Whatever points he may have, I am not willing to sit through an hour of massive overreaction. For instance, on Trump's quote about lots of illegal immigrants being rapists, Molyneux submits the defense (among others) that the rapist charge is justified on account of reports that 60-80% of women traveling the entirety of Mexico trying to get to the USA from Central America get raped before reaching their destination. It's almost a complete non sequitur. There is no indication (that I see here) that ties the rate of rape of those women to their fellow immigrants. Obviously with the numbers of immigrants that exist there would be some, but I see no valid argument on this point in the evidence he gives.

And thats great, because you should not ever take anything someone else sais as fact. I myself don't really like Trump and questioned quite a bit of his reasoning, but overall I found his stance refreshing from what seems to be the norm.

“Simple minds have always confused great honesty with great rudeness.” - Sherlock Holmes, Elementary (2013).

"Did you guys expected some actual rational fact-based reasoning? ...you should already know I'm all about BS and fraudulence." - FunFan, VGchartz (2016)

FunFan said:

I myself don't really like Trump and questioned quite a bit of his reasoning, but overall I found his stance refreshing from what seems to be the norm.

I can certainly sympathize with a desire to have something other than politics as usual, given the growing inability of politics as usual to actually accomplish anything in Congress.  But Trump is an unacceptable alternative to me.  "Literally anything but this" is a recipe for disaster. 

I thought of an interesting anecdote while writing this.  Do you remember the "Don't Tase me bro!" guy?  he was at a town hall meeting or something of that sort for John Kerry campaigning in 2004.  Anyway, if you watch the video for that it's almost comical how tolerant Kerry is of this guy's obnoxious grandstanding before he gets confronted by security.  It's interesting to contrast that with Trump egging on the people booing and shoving protesters out of his rallies, and suggesting that they ought to be leaving on stretchers. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Final-Fan said:
FunFan said:

I myself don't really like Trump and questioned quite a bit of his reasoning, but overall I found his stance refreshing from what seems to be the norm.

I can certainly sympathize with a desire to have something other than politics as usual, given the growing inability of politics as usual to actually accomplish anything in Congress.  But Trump is an unacceptable alternative to me.  "Literally anything but this" is a recipe for disaster. 

I thought of an interesting anecdote while writing this.  Do you remember the "Don't Tase me bro!" guy?  he was at a town hall meeting or something of that sort for John Kerry campaigning in 2004.  Anyway, if you watch the video for that it's almost comical how tolerant Kerry is of this guy's obnoxious grandstanding before he gets confronted by security.  It's interesting to contrast that with Trump egging on the people booing and shoving protesters out of his rallies, and suggesting that they ought to be leaving on stretchers. 

I wonder if Trump is trying to look "manly". Those Putin vs Obama comparisons were quite recent, after all.

Chevinator123 said:

Of course. Most trump haters dont even know why they hate trump. The media and society has twisted everyones view on him, hes not "literally hitler" ...

I think most people know why they dislike him, it's not difficult to see why people dislike him

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'