By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Apparently some "journalists" are still confused about Nintendo's handheld lineage

mornelithe said:
Volterra_90 said:

No, he means that the actual journalist confused the terms and typed 2DS, thinking it was the DS. Awful journalismModern games journalism, yeah.

Fixed.

Yeah, you're totally right. Modern game journalism sucks. I don't know what I was thinking :P

KLXVER said:

Combined with Nintendos awful naming of their systems, its bound to happen...

Yeah, although I think that 3DS is a cool name. Not the same with WiiU, which is awful. Still, the journalist really has to be informed, so that's awful either way.

FromDK said:

I see.. My mistake.. doh :)

Shit happens :P. The journalist mistake is kinda unbelievable lol.

Around the Network
Volterra_90 said:
mornelithe said:

Fixed.

Yeah, you're totally right. Modern game journalism sucks. I don't know what I was thinking :P

Tbh, you're not really far off lol.  Most journalism sucks ass these days.

mornelithe said:

Yeah, internet era brought click-bait articles and any monkey's hability to put something on the net. One of the reasons I'm not a journalist is that I'm not good at it. I expect the same for people, acknowledge what their virtues are lol.

Volterra_90 said:
mornelithe said:

Yeah, internet era brought click-bait articles and any monkey's hability to put something on the net. One of the reasons I'm not a journalist is that I'm not good at it. I expect the same for people, acknowledge what your virtues are lol.

Well, internet shit posting and click bait have existed for a long time, the problem is actual journalists have mirrored the tactics because clicks/traffic is more important than integrity to them.

Still not as big as the one who said "The Playstation Gameboy".

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network
mornelithe said:

Well, internet shit posting and click bait have existed for a long time, the problem is actual journalists have mirrored the tactics because clicks/traffic is more important than integrity to them.

Yeah, that's a shame. There are really good journalists out there, but they're kind of overshadowed by these "journalists" sometimes. 

I never understood the confusion between Wii and Wii U. Honestly, the only ones confusing are... yikes...

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

It's just a typo. He typed 2DS instead of DS.