By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Blizzard To Remove Tracer Pose From Overwatch Due To “Sex Symbol” Complaints

KLAMarine said:
mornelithe said:

Did Blizzard invent this whole controversy for publicity?  Take a look at the replacement:

Hahahahahahahahaha!

I love it :D hahhahaa.

Around the Network
LivingMetal said:
mornelithe said:

It's not if, that's literally the replacement pose.  lol.

Just thinking out loud, it's probably a covert "F%*# YOU" to that one complainer.  Then again, let's see a pose based on my avatar.

Actually i would consider it a Fu to most internet nerd rage.  As always people blow up everything out of proportion and instantly did not believe the developer when they made a statement they wanted to change the pose because it did not represent character.

o_O.Q said:
the truly ironic thing is that feminists don't realise that in doing these things they are oppressing women who have the characteristics they are trying to erase from media

what does this complaint say about women who might look like character and have behaviors similar to ones she has? does that instantly just render them down to bland sex symbols also?

or is it perhaps possible for a human to be sexual along with other attributes?

feminism has actually gotten to the point now where it is actively oppressing women lol

The complaint was that the pose did not represent the character more than its sexual or non-sexual look.  I am thinking you never met a feminist.  They do not have a problem with women being sexy or even showing women being sexy.  It’s the portrayal of women only in those  stereotypes they complain about.  Meaning that if a game only show just those characteristics then it is stereotyping when as only being sexual interest for men.

The more I think about this who subject, I would say Blizzard pretty much got a whole lot of attention for their game which releases pretty soon for nothing.  They made one statement they are changing the pose and everyone when bat sh*t cray.  Now they show their change and it does fix the character exactly as they stated and retains pretty much everything else (they probably was going to change it anyway).  Blizzard pretty much played all of you and you at it up like a champ and they still come out smelling like a rose.  Well Played Blizzard, Well Played!!

Machiavellian said:
LivingMetal said:

Just thinking out loud, it's probably a covert "F%*# YOU" to that one complainer.  Then again, let's see a pose based on my avatar.

Actually i would consider it a Fu to most internet nerd rage.  As always people blow up everything out of proportion and instantly did not believe the developer when they made a statement they wanted to change the pose because it did not represent character.

I see your point.  Well taken.  But not condoning one argument or another, what if Tracer were create as a female character with sex appeal?  This is nothing new of course.  But I remember borrowing a Silver Sable (a MARVEL character) poster from MY WIFE that I was going to put up in my work office.  Of course Sable was in a skin tight outfit with hardly any flesh exposed with the exception of her face.  That was frowned upon.  But my Captain America poster was just fine in his red, white and blues, revealing every ripped muscle with his crotch exposed.  Yes, I made a lot of guys horny at work.  ;)

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
All the bitching and moaning from all 3 parts involved and in the end pose is probably more sexy than the other xD

Which is actually pretty damn awesome.

Screw giveing in, and being forced to do something because of 1 mom commenting on a optional pose.

Big props to blizzard for doing this imo.

Around the Network
JRPGfan said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
All the bitching and moaning from all 3 parts involved and in the end pose is probably more sexy than the other xD

Screw giveing in, and being forced to do something because of 1 mom commenting on a optional pose.

The original complaint wasn't made by a mother, it was allegedly written by a father.

JRPGfan said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:

Actually, there was a mother who posted about Tracer's pose but she was actually FOR keeping Tracer's pose. Here's the thread she created: http://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20742895690?page=1

KLAMarine said:
JRPGfan said:

Actually, there was a mother who posted about Tracer's pose but she was actually FOR keeping Tracer's pose. Here's the thread she created: http://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20742895690?page=1

I actually posted her response earlier in the thread heh :)

mornelithe said:
KLAMarine said:

Oh... I had it mixed up... I thought all along this was a mother that was the one against it.

mornelithe said:
KLAMarine said:

I would love to see this "jelly roll" of a woman in real life. :::woof:::