By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Killer Instinct Season 3 Launch Trailer

Vasto said:
Just played a couple matches on Xbox and downloading on PC.

Did they fix the Windows 10 Store problems???

Quantum Break is less then 1 week away so they better be!

Around the Network
d21lewis said:
This looks great! Glad to see KI living up to its legacy.

I have a question, which game do you like better KI or SFV? I remember you saying you didn't care for killer instinct and only play street fighter, but now it seems you given it a try.

MortienGerrux said:
Vasto said:
Just played a couple matches on Xbox and downloading on PC.

Did they fix the Windows 10 Store problems???

Quantum Break is less then 1 week away so they better be!

I had no problems at all. Went to the store, clicked on games and Killer Instinct was top center. 

Snoopy said:
d21lewis said:
This looks great! Glad to see KI living up to its legacy.

I have a question, which game do you like better KI or SFV? I remember you saying you didn't care for killer instinct and only play street fighter, but now it seems you given it a try.

Still SFIV!

Back in like 1994, it was closer but I still liked Street Fighter (Super SFII Turbo, to be exact), better.  SFIV, in my opinion, is possibly the best game of the 7th gen! I haven't taken the time to master KI but I've played enough to see that it's a high quality experience, though. Truly a labor of love.

SFV is probably a better playing game but I still can't get into it.  Too many changes I don't like and too light on content at this point. It's a close one but I'd probably take SFV over KI, still. But it's no SFIV, to me.

d21lewis said:
Snoopy said:

Still SFIV!

Back in like 1994, it was closer but I still liked Street Fighter (Super SFII Turbo, to be exact), better.  SFIV, in my opinion, is possibly the best game of the 7th gen! I haven't taken the time to master KI but I've played enough to see that it's a high quality experience, though. Truly a labor of love.

SFV is probably a better playing game but I still can't get into it.  Too many changes I don't like and too light on content at this point. It's a close one but I'd probably take SFV over KI, still. But it's no SFIV, to me.

Damn, I didn't know you like SF4 that much. This is a little off topic, but what were your top 5 favorite games of last generation? I see that you game quite a bit.

Around the Network
Snoopy said:
d21lewis said:

Still SFIV!

Damn, I didn't know you like SF4 that much. This is a little off topic, but what were your top 5 favorite games of last generation? I see that you game quite a bit.

Probably all 20 editions of SFIV!

Goatseye said:
Snoopy said:

Probably all 20 editions of SFIV!

lol.

d21lewis said:
Snoopy said:

Still SFIV!

Its amazing how people like different things. I couldnt get into SF4 last gen at all. I tried but I just felt it was slow and limited. Much preferred Soul Calibur 2 last gen. Its even worse this gen. After delving into KI again after all these years, Other fightes feel like snails. Mortal Kombat X is ruined for me by the sheer speed of KI. It helps I prefer  the strategy of the Combo system. But yeah, opinions are so varied.

TheMessiah said:
d21lewis said:

Still SFIV!

Its amazing how people like different things. I couldnt get into SF4 last gen at all. I tried but I just felt it was slow and limited. Much preferred Soul Calibur 2 last gen. Its even worse this gen. After delving into KI again after all these years, Other fightes feel like snails. Mortal Kombat X is ruined for me by the sheer speed of KI. It helps I prefer  the strategy of the Combo system. But yeah, opinions are so varied.

Wanna hear something crazy? When SFIV first released, I hated it. I played it a little and actually gave my copy away. Then, for some reason, I bought Super SFIV. It was all over, then. For some reason, it clicked! I actually forgot about this until I read your post. Hopefully, the same thing happens with SFV.

KI is pretty nice. I just have to get over my mental block of learning a whole new game and new rules. Back in the 90s, I'd play 10 fighting games at once and know all of their moves. Now, I'm almost 40 years old. I can't put in the time to "Get good" like I want to.

I WILL learn KI, though. 

Played a bit last night on PC and it's running smoothly. I was afraid of being overwhelmed by the combo system but the tutorial incredibly well built. I'd like to see that kind of attention to teaching the basics brought to all fighting game.

Signature goes here!