By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - New PS4 this October (Rumour)

"This new system, which will reportedly boast "enhanced graphics and power," will live alongside the existing PS4, with games working for both platforms, according to the WSJ."

"Existing PlayStation 4 owners would need to buy the new model to take full advantage of the enhanced graphics and power," it said. "Though it is likely that the current model and the coming one would share the same software catalog."

"The WSJ also reports that the new console--which wasn't given a name but is apparently being referred to as the PS4 4K--will be announced before the October launch of PlayStation VR, sources said. The system will be able to power "ultra-high definition resolution graphics."

http://www.wsj.com/articles/sony-plans-new-playstation-for-graphics-heavy-games-1459152941

They seem to be quite adament.

Around the Network

I'm not buying another fucking PS4, the one I have is very expensive already and they want me to buy another one? Fuck you Sony.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

If true:

Depending on what these 'full advantages' are, I might buy it.

I wonder if they'll make it slimmer or change the look of it as well.

Looking forward to NX and PS4K if true.

Anfebious said:
I'm not buying another fucking PS4, the one I have is very expensive already and they want me to buy another one? Fuck you Sony.

This argentinian speaks wise words.

Around the Network
Anfebious said:

Well you dont have to buy it just as much as you dont have to buy an nvidia titan

PS4.5 and NX rumours. I don't know which I hate more.

If this is actually true, there's zero chance I'll buy it. The ps4 on launch day is what I want until a PS5 comes out hopefully in 2021.

If my ps4 dies in a couple of years, sure I'll replace it with a ps4.5 but that's it.

Will probably allow the more memory / graphics intensive games to run smoother, like the N64 expansion pack did back in the day. Still, that was just a $30 peripheral, not a whole new console. I think it'll tick alot of folks off if there are games released that can only be fully played or enjoyed on newer PS4s.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

They say it will be announced be PlayStation VR launch, not launched.

Ruler said:
Anfebious said:

Well you dont have to buy it just as much as you dont have to buy an nvidia titan

Of course I don't have to (and I won't) but this feels even worse than Nintendo with the DS! That one is a portable console (it's cheaper) this is a PS4!!! And just for a graphics update? Bullshit.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"