By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What games that are currently now out in the market will come to the NX?

Tagged games:

RolStoppable said:
Ka-pi96 said:

eh, might not even need a change of opinion if the NX can get a wider audience than the Wii U anyway.

Looks like you two haven't read the date. The decision for Dark Souls 2 was made before the Wii U launched.

Well, if the NX sells enough, the higher-ups at NB might "convince" him to make a port of his game to the console.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network

Minecraft will be a launch title IMO.

RolStoppable said:
Ka-pi96 said:

Well there's a first time for everything

As for God Eater I wouldn't be surprised if the reason that's not on 3DS is due to a hatful of money from Sony. Would make sense as an attempt by them to try and counter Monster Hunter and get some sales for their own consoles instead.

That's the only possible reason, but considering how Sony has treated the Vita on the whole, it isn't something that I would file under "more probable than not".

Maybe it was power? Was the Vita version of GE that demanding? If not, I'd have to agree with Ka-Pi.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Ka-pi96 said:
RolStoppable said:

Damn, I misread it. Got outplayed by a simpleton.

Regardless, I don't think that it is wrong that the decision was made before the Wii U launched. Plenty of other companies did it. Namco-Bandai is also the same company that hasn't made God Eater for the 3DS yet, even though God Eater was originally created to capitalize on the popularity of Monster Hunter. So any talk about better hardware sales, wider audience and the like... I have serious doubts that that would make a difference.

Well there's a first time for everything

As for God Eater I wouldn't be surprised if the reason that's not on 3DS is due to a hatful of money from Sony. Would make sense as an attempt by them to try and counter Monster Hunter and get some sales for their own consoles instead.

I always thought God Eater was a low energy play to capitalize on Sony fans who liked Monster Hunter but were unwilling to buy Nintendo hardware to play it once the franchise left Sony.

maxleresistant said:
I hope none of them besides Minecraft.
the NX don't need games that are already out on other systems, it needs the game what will be released on them, and it need them the same day.

But that will not happen as no third party devs have NX dev kits.

So NX will get a bunch of year old ports just like the Wii U.

And if those games fail to sell well you know whats gonna happen...

Around the Network

I think Ubisoft is the most likely to port their games to it (Hopefully that BG&E2 rumor ends up being true), while the rest will drop a game or two and see what happens before investing more money on the NX. Oh, and Minecraft is a given too.

Also, has Double Fine ever released their games on a Nintendo platform? Because I think their games really fit with the Nintendo audience.

Oh, I totally forgot abot EA, it's strange we didn't hear anything about the meeting that was scheduled for this month, still, since E3 is less than 3 months away, I don't expect any EA title during E3, probably there will be just a couple of FIFA/Madden ports at launch, maybe something else if NX is super easy to port to (If I were to say something already released/announced I'd say Star Wars: Battlefront)

Minecraft most likely!

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Maybe Batman Arkham Knight.

Darwinianevolution said:
RolStoppable said:

That's the only possible reason, but considering how Sony has treated the Vita on the whole, it isn't something that I would file under "more probable than not".

Maybe it was power? Was the Vita version of GE that demanding? If not, I'd have to agree with Ka-Pi.

God Eater 2 was on PSP too, so power is out of the question.

RolStoppable said:

In direct response to the thread, does anybody really care?

My money is on spurgeonryan.