By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Unfortunately Dissapointed in Rock Band

ZenfoldorVGI said:
RDBRaptor said:
akuma587 said:
Green Grass and High Tides is supposed to be one of the very hardest according to the internet. I have not played it myself

It will consume your soooooooouuuuuul. Nearly ten minutes long and solos that will make you wish you didn't have fingers.

Ok, ok, now you've got me interested.

A great song and very difficult, but its easily a teir down from Fire & Flames still. 

With that said I don't think a game should need to have something as difficult as Fire & Flames to be considered hard and BG&HT is easily hard enough that difficulty just isn't a valid complaint.

I think famousringo has it right, if you love the guitar and thats all you're really interested in then GH is probably more your bag, RB is built around a more rounded group experience and if the song selection for the game reflects that I hardly think its a bad thing. 

Personally, GH is definitely more my bag, but I might stick RB on a gift list and see if I can sucker..err be blessed to recieve it =) 

To Each Man, Responsibility
Around the Network

@Sqrl

Yeah, that's how I feel atm. No doubt its a good game, but I personally, have a favorite in Guitar Hero, but that's not saying RB is bad(as I originally thought) its just a step lower in overall difficulty, but it still has its challenges to the experienced player.

@famousringo

It's just me, but I hate the drums. It's like playing the bass to me, lol. So god aweful I'd rather shoot myself.

I definately could sing though. I'll give that a shot today.

I think my favoritism mostly derives from the song selection being very Guitar Heavy, and imo, better in Guitar Hero 3...

...and the fact that I've played guitar for about 12 years irl, lol.

Also, I think that either way you go:

Solo: Guitar Hero 3 is better

2 or more: RockBand is better

That's just my opinion anyway.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

decent review, you echo what i have heard first hand.

Manchester United 2008-09 Season - Trophies & Records

Barclays Premier League 2008-09: 1st // UEFA Champions League 2008-09: Finals (Yet To Play) // FIFA Club World Cup: Winners // UEFA Super Cup: Runners-up // FA Cup: Semi-Finals // League (Carling) Cup: Winners // FA (Charity) Community Shield: Winners
Records: First British Team To Win FIFA Club World Cup, New Record for No. Of Consecutive Clean Sheets In Premier League, New English & British League Records for Minutes Without Conceding, New Record For Going Undeafeated In Champions League (25 games ongoing), First British Team To Beat FC Porto In Portugal, First Club To Defeat Arsenal At The Emirates In European Competition, First Team In English League Football History To Win 3 Titles Back To Back On Two Seperate Ocassions

I'd rather sing or play drums since it's closer to being in an actual band. Guitar is still enjoyable to me, and I've played GH1-3, but the experience of Rock Band is far greater, imo. The DLC for Rock Band kills GH, too. You can now preview songs in the Rock Band store (accessible in-game), and it rates the songs' difficulty on all 4 instruments. It's easily my favorite game of this generation now, and only one of a handful of games I've bought since I only play multiplayer games now. I've gotten Marvel: UA, Brawl, NCAA Football, and now Rock Band. Rock Band is easily the best multiplayer game ever, imo.

Yeah, the DLC on Rock Band is done SOOOOOOOO much better than it is on GHIII. Harmonix really ran with DLC and took it to entirely new places. They still haven't even come out with the complete albums the promised...a long time ago. No one has noticed though because the DLC has been so damn good.

GHIII does what it does better than Rock Band does, but Rock Band does things that GHIII could never do. Drums are ridiculously challenging, but I am not a natural drummer.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson