By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Monster Hunter Stories Gameplay! on 3DS ---> VERY Colourful!

Do you like it?

YES! 34 79.07%

Not Yet...... 2 4.65%

Nope! 3 6.98%

Original MH is better! 4 9.30%

Total:43

Looks awesome :O

Around the Network

This footage HAS TO be taken from NX, it just looks too good to be on 3DS...

Luke888 said:

Image quality seems consistently 240p to me. So unless the NX's output resolution is that low, it seems like it is indeed a 3DS game. While the game is beautiful, I don't see anything particularly impossible for the 3DS. Textures and polygon count seem to be a typical size for a 3DS game, animations are consistent with mainline Monster Hunter, and the visual effects seem mostly scripted. The scope of the game is impressive, but certainly not impossible for the platform, especially since it is being built from the ground up.  One also sees a lot of pop-in (particularly when the mount is sliding down the hill at 11:10 ish. ) Overall the game seems to be comparable to something like the 3DS version of Dragon Quest 8. 

sc94597 said:
Luke888 said:

Image quality seems consistently 240p to me. So unless the NX's output resolution is that low, it seems like it is indeed a 3DS game. While the game is beautiful, I don't see anything particularly impossible for the 3DS. Textures and polygon count seem to be a typical size for a 3DS game, animations are consistent with mainline Monster Hunter, and the visual effects seem mostly scripted. The scope of the game is impressive, but certainly not impossible for the platform, especially since it is being built from the ground up.  One also sees a lot of pop-in (particularly when the mount is sliding down the hill at 11:10 ish. ) Overall the game seems to be comparable to something like the 3DS version of Dragon Quest 8. 

I should really consider putting this picture in my sing, shouldn't I ?

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/ac/a3/99/aca399ba951ad05649387f09a7ffa6b5.jpg

Looks georgeous. I'm not into MonHun usually but I think I'll pick this one up. I've been intrigued ever since the reveal trailer.

Around the Network

Looks amazing. Visually, it is basically Monster Hunter meets Wind Waker. I would totally get this game if it comes to North America. Unfortunately, many fans are saying that this game has basically a 0% chance of getting localized based on Capcom's history of not localizing non-mainline MH games. I hope that they are wrong about this because, as the poll shows, there is already a lot of interest from NA and European 3DS gamers.