By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Is your favorite franchise in a period of growth or decline?

Is your favorite franchise in a period of growth or decline?

My favorite franchise is in growth. 40 44.94%

My favorite franchise is in decline. 38 42.70%

My favorite franchise is ... 11 12.36%

Total:89
FentonCrackshell said:
Dark Cloud hadn't released a game in 13 years so there's no growth there. Also, it's sad to see such a great Tomb Raider game have such poor sales.

Hey Im playing Dark Chronicle(Dark Cloud 2) right now

Around the Network

My favorite is MGS.
Without Kojima I consider it dead. I won´t play a new one if Konami dares to develop.

My favorite series is Zelda, so I think down?

Can't wait for The Zelder Scrolls 3: Breath of The Wild Hunt!

Fallout, is my favorite series, so i'd have to say growth.

Pokémon is all right, probably it's preparing for getting even bigger whenever Pokémon GO is released.

Tough Metroid... :c

Around the Network

My favourite is Heroes of Might and Magic. Unfortunately it's not doing well. Reviewers and gamers hated the last one and the sales are terrible as far as I know. Makes me sad, as I absolutely love it still.

Well Zelda looks like it's just up and down, but if Zelda U comes out only for the Wii U, it will definitely be considered in the decline.

Natsu said:
Mines going down, even though I think the quality is increasing (halo)

No Halo 2 was the best, 3 was good everything after was chish (chessy dick fishy vag)

Hm, let's see (IPs with 3 or more entries and completely sales unrelated):

Might&Magic - pretty much dead since late 90s, recent Ubi half-assed attempt called M&M X Legacy was not very good...decline

Gothic - hopefully still alive, but practically dead since 2006, with Gothic III being good, but not as good as Gothic 1/2...decline

Fallout - proper Black Isle Fallout has been dead for a long, long time; in addition Bethesda's made sure that everything Obsidian improved in NV was scrapped for FPS-RPG bollocks in FO4 which makes me pretty determined to skip any further FOs ....decline

Tomb Raider - Underworld was last TR game that was actualy TR; my contempt toward Reboot is well known around here, so I won't even bother...dead

Combat Mission - this one is surprisingly still alive and kicking

Zelda - if Zelda U is half as good as people are hoping for, it will be better than most Zeldas...guess on the rise.

GTA - sales are rising, but for me GTA is not so great anymore; GTA V was much better then IV, but nowhere near San Andreas and earlier games....decline

MYST - This IP is no more. It has ceased to be. It's expired and gone to see its maker. This is a late IP. It's a stiff. Bereft of life, it rests in peace. If you hadn't nailed it to the perch, it would be pushing up the daisies. It's rung down the curtain and joined the choir invisible. This is an ex-IP.

Battleground/Campaign series - nothing but dust remains

Warcraft (RTS) - it was on the rise, then put on ice - maybe someday it will be revived

So, I guess pretty grim picture for my favourite IPs.

Super Smash Bros is my fav.

It's kinda a weird case since the 4th installment was split between 3DS and Wii U.

Somewhat unrelated, but I wonder if the non-existance of the 3DS version would've helped Wii U sales significantly...

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."