By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Images of the NX Controller Surfaces!

ktay95 said:
Hmm seems like everyone already has theirs, where can I order mine??

Are you a developer? go ask nintendo for yours, maybe they forgot to send it?

Around the Network
JRPGfan said:
Guitarguy said:
Is the premise of it just a smaller(more cost effective) Gamepad??

Maybe not more cost effective.

But its thinner and lighter by the look of it.

Also new = no physical buttons, instead touch screen interface allows you to make as many buttons, placed where ever you want.

Think about it, animated buttons.

You cant do that with a normal controller.... might be cool.

Most big AAA multiplatform games make full uses of all buttons nowadays. Touchscreen buttons are very limited with what they can offer if the iPad is anything to go by. The real problem is the lack of physical feedback from touchscreen buttons.

I just dont get it. It's a worse, nerfed gamepad.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Looked at the reddit post, I have my doubts now. The confidential sticker is the main one, because, well, why would they put a big-ass sticker at a GDC showing if everyone there knows it's confidential. Secondly, the GamePad right next to it makes me wonder why it's there if it's a showing of some sort, unless there's this half-brained idea to sell more GamePads by making the NX controller garbage. Forward compatability isn't something you show early unless you're worried about the new product. And most importantly, Nintendo's always been about ergonomics. That does NOT look comfortable to hold with the current football shape, and even with he GamePad one could see how it COULD be comfortable due to the grooves. This is cell phone thin, with what looks to be no raised grooves on the back, which makes me very much question the designer behind it. No way Nintendo would even design a prototype that looks that poorly designed as a gaming platform.

You should check out my YouTube channel, The Golden Bolt!  I review all types of video games, both classic and modern, and I also give short flyover reviews of the free games each month on PlayStation Plus to tell you if they're worth downloading.  After all, the games may be free, but your time is valuable!

"confidential property" taped to the side? Is that normal at this stage?

Also doesn't look very ergonomic to me...

Around the Network

I like it.

wowwwww so its real. Looks slick, I wonder if there will be tactile overlay with the haptic feedback.

It's real. It has to be. Iwata did say totally new concept. I hate to admit it but...this is what it is. Maybe it's just the portable unit or something. God help us all.

Look at the laptop's keyboard in the OP, it's from a Swedish or Finnish developer. Swedish/Finnish keyboard:

https://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=199013272&postcount=655

God, please, let it NOT be real. Was really pumped to get a NX, but this controller does not bode well for core gaming... Well, gonna keep my ps4/n3ds for a while... Still, 1) it might be fake 2)it might be true but good... E3 is gonna be interesting this year