By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - DS Platinum Sellers watch

Less than half those DS games deserve million sales but IO am happy for the DS's success.

Manchester United 2008-09 Season - Trophies & Records

Barclays Premier League 2008-09: 1st // UEFA Champions League 2008-09: Finals (Yet To Play) // FIFA Club World Cup: Winners // UEFA Super Cup: Runners-up // FA Cup: Semi-Finals // League (Carling) Cup: Winners // FA (Charity) Community Shield: Winners
Records: First British Team To Win FIFA Club World Cup, New Record for No. Of Consecutive Clean Sheets In Premier League, New English & British League Records for Minutes Without Conceding, New Record For Going Undeafeated In Champions League (25 games ongoing), First British Team To Beat FC Porto In Portugal, First Club To Defeat Arsenal At The Emirates In European Competition, First Team In English League Football History To Win 3 Titles Back To Back On Two Seperate Ocassions
Around the Network

I just added the possible gold sellers, almost all of them will probably disappear in a few weeks....LOL

the DS is a selling machine!

@spdk1
Poor Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow and Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin they never made it btw how much did they sold?

"Yes, except we're not tracking PS2 million sellers. The PS2 is a last generation system.

Besides, some of those were actually quality games."

No, Sky Render's got a valid counterexample to the "ZOMG some bad and/or cheaply licensed games selling lots" crap that's probably meant to smear the DS somehow. Bad games sell on EVERY platform. The PS1 had RUGRATS sell 3.3 million. The GBA Had SPONGEBOB sell millions. You can actually tell a lot about the health of the platform by seeing how many BAD games it sells.

Now, correct, the PSP doesn't seem to have this problem. But that's because bad games... or any games, for that matter, don't sell on the PSP.

ctk495 said:
@spdk1
Poor Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow and Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin they never made it btw how much did they sold?

looks like both were well under gold, like 280k for DoS, and 360k for PoR, I guess they're getting better...

Around the Network

It really kills me to see Bratz and Hannah Montana beat out Professor Layton in America. It pulls at my heart strings. It weakens my soul.

Brian ZuckerGeneral PR Manager, VGChartzbzucker@vgchartz.com

Digg VGChartz!

Follow VGChartz on Twitter!

Fan VGChartz on Facebook!

I have a good feeling that Sega Super STars may have a good chance to hit 1 million. for the ds because there has only been one tennis game for the ds(topsping 2 i think...) before the release of this one.
but topspin 3 may sell 1 million too.

SSST ( sega tennis) is no way gonna be a mil seller. Wow 43, almost 45 mil sellers.

I'm crying inside for Castlevania....easily (DoS at least) some of the best games for ANY system this gen...
here's the obligatory sad face
:(

Crusty VGchartz old timer who sporadically returns & posts. Let's debate nebulous shit and expand our perpectives. Or whatever.