By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - XBOX360 Europe Sales Boost

hmmmm....its going to come back at 89,673

Around the Network
Zassk said:
So the actual number for this week is 68.5k, which is around 66% jump from 2 weeks ago. Looks like the price cut worked.

We'll see. The boost was decent but it only matters if it maintains a higher sales rate than before.

There is a good chance that it will stay higher, though. March is the dead zone for video games and if a price cut of this magnitude was met with a 66% increase in August, then MS should really start sweating over their position in the EU. In March, a good percentage of people just don't give a shit about gaming. It doesn't really pick up until May (maybe a bit earlier this year because of GTA IV).

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

eliasg said:
Sony boys ass always dreaming....

zzzzzzzzzzzzz

This dream.... its seems...!! so REAL!

holy shizzle what the hell is going on!?

Nintendo & Sony supporter:

Consoles: Wii & PS3.

Somehow, XBOX360 is priced €300 now with Wii costing €250. This is in Greece. Is the drastic drop happening in the U.K only and not the rest of Europe?

wii number: 8166 7045 0170 7783 (don't forget to inform me if you add me)

clapiotis said:
Somehow, XBOX360 is priced €300 now with Wii costing €250. This is in Greece. Is the drastic drop happening in the U.K only and not the rest of Europe?

Which Xbox360 model?  There are three models -- the Elite, which is extra expensive for no known reason (the HDMI cable is worth about three euros, so that oculd be part of it) and the Arcade is more comperable to the Wii since it comes with a memory card and free games now.

Around the Network

I expect the 360 to fall back into the 50's again in 2-3 weeks, leveling at around 55k until GTA IV which will probably be a nice boost but an even bigger boost to the competition.
I did miss my Eu/Others prediction for this week, but only by 6k or so and this was easter week as well.