By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Quantum Break: Digital Foundry Hands-On (XB1)

BraLoD said:
curl-6 said:

Back to Quantum Break, I still maintain that no resolution between 720p and 1080p would surprise me given past games on the platform. You'd have to go over 1080p or below 720p before I'd be shocked.

They were targetting 1080p, 720p would be too much of a drop, 900p should already be mid term but I'm really expecting it to be 1080p.
The game looks gorgeus, it would be a shame to not display it at full resolution, that certainly would hold the image quality from the game itself.
The PC version should get all the attention if that was to happen.

After Star Wars Battlefront, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, COD Ghosts, Dead Rising 3, and others, 720p on Xbox One just doesn't shock me any more.

Now if it was sub-HD, then I'd be stunned.

Around the Network
Normchacho said:
curl-6 said:

Back to Quantum Break, I still maintain that no resolution between 720p and 1080p would surprise me given past games on the platform. You'd have to go over 1080p or below 720p before I'd be shocked.

I'd argue that it's a little surprising. Is there another 720p, 30 fps game on either console?

Dead Rising 3.

Normchacho said:
curl-6 said:

I'd argue that it's a little surprising. Is there another 720p, 30 fps game on either console?

off the top of my head, MGS ground zeroes on xbone xD

curl-6 said:
LudicrousSpeed said:
To add onto the above post, not to mention Alan Wake had a goofy low res compared to other 360 games and yet it was gorgeous.

Agreed. Alan Wake ran at 960x544, (That's Vita resolution) yet it was still, in my opinion, one of the best looking games on 360.

It looked like a mess on projector, same as GTA 4 on ps4. Admittedly it was a bit early for console gaming on a projector last gen, sub 720p looks rough. The lighting effects were very nice though, daylight scenes however were plain ugly.

I'm hoping they'll make Alan Wake 2 after QB, as the more I see of QB the less it interests me. It feels a lot like Max Payne, except it seems to be always dark.

Looks awesome :)

Around the Network
iceland said:
Normchacho said:

GZ is 60 fps.

Resolution is the simple most important thing in a game. Forget story, gameplay, character developent and other trivial stuff.

If you are a console gamer you should care only about resolution.

SvennoJ said:
curl-6 said:

Agreed. Alan Wake ran at 960x544, (That's Vita resolution) yet it was still, in my opinion, one of the best looking games on 360.

It looked like a mess on projector, same as GTA 4 on ps4. Admittedly it was a bit early for console gaming on a projector last gen, sub 720p looks rough. The lighting effects were very nice though, daylight scenes however were plain ugly.

I'm hoping they'll make Alan Wake 2 after QB, as the more I see of QB the less it interests me. It feels a lot like Max Payne, except it seems to be always dark.

On a projector I can see how pretty much any sub-HD title would look muddy as hell. On my TV though, Alan Wake looked awesome. And yeah, lighting was the star of the show.

Dark_Feanor said:
iceland said:

GZ is 60 fps.

Resolution is the simple most important thing in a game. Forget story, gameplay, character developent and other trivial stuff.

I don't seem to recall anyone saying that resolution was the most important thing.

But it is a little surprising considering how any other compromises are made to maintain a steady 30fps.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Dark_Feanor said:
iceland said:

GZ is 60 fps.

You might be right xD oops

Resolution doesn't mean much to me, QB looks better than a lot of 1080p games.

It is what it is. If you want better performance, at least there's another platform to play it on.