I'm gonna make a snow man. 0 0%

Snow angel for me. 0 0%

Time for some hot cocoa. 0 0%

Maybe. 1 2.50%

It's pretty cool... 0 0%

Finally, a no answer. 2 5.00%

Total:40
Bandorr said:
Is anyone that has/is reading black clover, actually watching the anime?

Watching the anime I have had several moments of "I don't recall that". So I decided to go look.

From what I can tell the 18th episode ended right around chapter 20 of the manga.

Now I'm curious what percentage of that is manga, and what is filler. I've never seen a 1 to 1 ratio for manga to anime.

Heck I think Kuroko was a 6 to 1.

I don’t read the manga and the anime made my ears bleed, but it’s Pierrot so you can probably expect a fair amount of filler. They also did Bleach which had some of the worst fillers ever. Kubo left very little room for original stories, so the anime would actually interrupt dramatic canon moments to show Ichigo playing soccer with some random princess or crap like that. And I still have nightmares about Bounts.

I think the worst chapter:episode ratio I’ve seen is One Piece though. I read somewhere that the Marineford arc had more episodes in the anime than the manga arc had chapters. Good Gravy.

I think the ideal ratio is 2 chapters (weekly length)/episode for comedy, 3-4 for action. Anymore and it feels rushed and things are skipped, less and it feels like they’re padding it out.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

Around the Network
Super_Boom said:
Bandorr said:
Is anyone that has/is reading black clover, actually watching the anime?

Watching the anime I have had several moments of "I don't recall that". So I decided to go look.

From what I can tell the 18th episode ended right around chapter 20 of the manga.

Now I'm curious what percentage of that is manga, and what is filler. I've never seen a 1 to 1 ratio for manga to anime.

Heck I think Kuroko was a 6 to 1.

I don’t read the manga and the anime made my ears bleed, but it’s Pierrot so you can probably expect a fair amount of filler. They also did Bleach which had some of the worst fillers ever. Kubo left very little room for original stories, so the anime would actually interrupt dramatic canon moments to show Ichigo playing soccer with some random princess or crap like that. And I still have nightmares about Bounts.

I think the worst chapter:episode ratio I’ve seen is One Piece though. I read somewhere that the Marineford arc had more episodes in the anime than the manga arc had chapters. Good Gravy.

I think the ideal ratio is 2 chapters (weekly length)/episode for comedy, 3-4 for action. Anymore and it feels rushed and things are skipped, less and it feels like they’re padding it out.

People often ask me what I would do if I had a time machine.  They're probably expecting something like saving JFK or sneaking into the Last Party with Jesus.  And, sure, while I'd like to get sloshed with the J-man, there is something FAR higher on my list of priorities--delivering a Filler Guide to my younger self and making them swear on a stack of Saber-chans to skip the dozens of episodes marked with the universal symbol of extreme suffering.  I still can't believe I watched as much of that drek as I did.  That was before I really knew about the concept of filler but, damn a penguin, Bleach sure did teach me well.

There's a new chapter of Aharen-san, which means some more funny moments of the silly duo, the topics this time being social media and studying.

As usually, Aharen-san going above and beyond in whatever she's focusing on xD

Also, getting around the noise issue in the library xD Though I guess that makes it harder to study.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Bandorr said:
Ok I figured it out.

For the most part chapter one is spread over three episodes. With a lotta filler in there.
Episode 8 and 13 are all filler.

For the most part the manga/anime seem to be at about a ratio of 2. One has 2.5, one has 1.5 etc.

Still that is around 4 episodes of filler out of 18. With so many chapters, that is weird.

Good to hear you got it sorted. I haven't seen nor read Black Clover, so I wouldn't been able to help much D:

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

pokoko said:

People often ask me what I would do if I had a time machine.  They're probably expecting something like saving JFK or sneaking into the Last Party with Jesus.  And, sure, while I'd like to get sloshed with the J-man, there is something FAR higher on my list of priorities--delivering a Filler Guide to my younger self and making them swear on a stack of Saber-chans to skip the dozens of episodes marked with the universal symbol of extreme suffering.  I still can't believe I watched as much of that drek as I did.  That was before I really knew about the concept of filler but, damn a penguin, Bleach sure did teach me well.

I chuckled at least twice during this post. 

I think I was the same though, didn't really understand the concept of filler at the time and didn't really read manga at all till later, so I just thought the series had really stupid direction. Well maybe I wasn't completely wrong given how it ended, but eh it was fantastic in the middle.

I like that more of these long-running series are getting adapted in seasonal format rather than giving us endless filler hell. As much as I might like the characters, there's certainly a point where I'd rather read fanfiction than whatever intern Pierrot hired is pooping out. 

Also Cloud's new avatar is adorable.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

Around the Network

Super_Boom said:
pokoko said:

I chuckled at least twice during this post. 

I think I was the same though, didn't really understand the concept of filler at the time and didn't really read manga at all till later, so I just thought the series had really stupid direction. Well maybe I wasn't completely wrong given how it ended, but eh it was fantastic in the middle.

I like that more of these long-running series are getting adapted in seasonal format rather than giving us endless filler hell. As much as I might like the characters, there's certainly a point where I'd rather read fanfiction than whatever intern Pierrot hired is pooping out. 

Also Cloud's new avatar is adorable.

Dance my pretties!

I found this interesting:

3 My Hero Academia 17 201,688

4 Wotakoi: Love is Hard for Otaku 5 193,429

5 Food Wars! Shokugeki no Soma 28    132,208

All released in the same week.  Not only did Wotakoi beat Shokugeki no Soma, it nearly caught My Hero Academia.  It's awesome to see something like that do well among all the big shounen titles.

Well, it seems that Tensei Shitara Ken Deshita has been getting a lot of updates lately, which is quite nice. Although, it is quite action heavy. At least at the end, Fran gives us a nice cutsy curtsy :D

Dance my pretties!

pokoko said:

All released in the same week.  Not only did Wotakoi beat Shokugeki no Soma, it nearly caught My Hero Academia.  It's awesome to see something like that do well among all the big shounen titles.

What do the numbers mean? Are they for the number of readers for the week?

Good for Wotakoi though. It's still going strong with some really funny chapters xD I don't realy Food Wars though, and I'm really behind with MHA...

Dance my pretties!

Cloudman said:
pokoko said:

What do the numbers mean? Are they for the number of readers for the week?

Good for Wotakoi though. It's still going strong with some really funny chapters xD I don't realy Food Wars though, and I'm really behind with MHA...

Those are volume sales in Japan.  Just like games, most of the sales come in the first week of release.

Looking at the year end ranking for 2017, Wotakoi did really well with vol. 3 at #30.  That might not sound that great but most of the big manga release multiple volumes in a year.  One Piece took spots 1-4, for example.  One Piece usually moves well over a million volumes first week so it's in another league from pretty much everything else.