I'm gonna make a snow man. 0 0%

Snow angel for me. 0 0%

Time for some hot cocoa. 0 0%

Maybe. 1 2.50%

It's pretty cool... 0 0%

Finally, a no answer. 2 5.00%

Total:40
Bandorr said:

DId you quote or reply me? I haven't gotten to those mangas just yet so I don't want to read the spoilers. Yet my little icon was purple/blue.

I didn't mean to, but for some reason your quote from another thread was saved when I posted. I couldn't figure out how to get rid of it.

Didn't mean to quote you there either...but this site is hard to use on mobile.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

Around the Network
pokoko said:
Bandorr said:

Yes exactly.

There was a nice character relationship between two characters. Was a big fan of it. Infact I read it for just that at one point. Couldn't take it anymore.

They just got to the point where it was death for deaths sake.

The one that got me was when the manga introduced a new character, gave her a story, made her seem important and interesting, and then killed her almost immediately.  I didn't stop reading there but that really made me see the manga in a new light.  Then a few more of my favorite characters were butchered in terrible ways and I totally stopped caring about anyone new.  If I'm expecting characters to die then I stop being invested in them.

I was really excited about this manga for awhile, too, until it crossed into fetish territory.

Interesting, I read it all the way to the end. But from the start it was a 'so bad it's good' series for me. The brutality was so over-the-top that it was almost cartoonish, and I always tried to predict who the next character death would be. I will agree the fetish territory was weird but I could skip over those scenes without losing much.

uran10 said:
TheBlackNaruto said:

Still....that was a brutal way to go in a manga full of brutal deaths

When you really think about it, every single death in this manga was his fault. His had to be the worst. He should have gotten a worst death.

Yeah that is true....so it does make sense.

Super_Boom said:

Finally, my manga have updated!

One Piece: The rampage begins!

Now that Luffy is out, we're officially on the rampage part of the arc. Huzzah!

Now we know why Sanji's mother was sick, that's really tragic. She really loved her son so much, it's too bad the rest of her children turned into such monsters. I wonder if Oda will plan to redeem them, or if Ichiji, Niji, and Yonji are doomed. Reiju is awesome, so she better survive.

Hopefully Sanji is finally out of his funk now, and joins up with Luffy and Nami. My throat will probably be tight when that happens.  

Shokugeki: Swallowed by the Storm

Saiba's problem seems like a common issue for genius chefs, at least it's implied that way based on Senzaemon's advice. Gin's realization was sad...it dawned on him all at once what was wrong with his best friend.

New time, we'll probably see Azami-chan snap, or maybe Saiba meet Souma's mom. I keep saying that, but maybe it's finally time.  

My Hero Academia: Oh my gosh this guy's face is amazing.

Deku is out! Internship arc is a comin'

I like how Eraserhead's basically like: Well Deku is back so that's good enough. Let's start talking about internships. Poor Bakugou :P

I wonder what power the 3rd years' have, other than the Face. The girl looks cute.  

And I'm with Pokoko on Akame ga Kill. I have low tolerance for anti-climactic character death. I can handle it if it leaves a real impact on the story, but if it's just done to set the tone, it's not for me. I'm aware that the world sucks...I don't need my hobbies reminding me of it.

One Piece: I really want to know where they go from here. Like how will they leave the island? And what will this cause to happen? Is Jinbei finally going to be a permanant member of the crew? How tired is Luffy from not eating? WIll he eat on the spot when Sanji returns? What will teh Germa 6 do against Big Mom and her crew? So many questions and more lol.

My Hero Academia: Yes his face is awesome and I wonder jus thow strong these 3 are and WHO they are and what their powers are.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

Shadow8 said:

Started reading a manga called Wotaku ni koi  wa Muzukashii. Its basically about 2 middle school friends that are reunited when they get jobs at the same company. Both of them are otakus(hes a gaming one and shes a fujoshi) and they get along really well. Its a fun read if anybody is interested, I do wonder when they'll be more than just "otaku friends" tho.

Welcome to the club! thumbs up

Me and Pokoko were reading this one too, though sadly it hasn't been updated for awhile.

Also, I need to update on this thread as well...

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Cloudman said:
Shadow8 said:

Started reading a manga called Wotaku ni koi  wa Muzukashii. Its basically about 2 middle school friends that are reunited when they get jobs at the same company. Both of them are otakus(hes a gaming one and shes a fujoshi) and they get along really well. Its a fun read if anybody is interested, I do wonder when they'll be more than just "otaku friends" tho.

Welcome to the club! thumbs up

Me and Pokoko were reading this one too, though sadly it hasn't been updated for awhile.

Nice :o Its a fun read, too bad to hear about no updates in a while. Hopefully someone picks it up again.

Around the Network
Cloudman said:

Nah it's okay. In just ten short months, your poll will be quite fitting.

Super_Boom said:
Cloudman said:

Nah it's okay. In just ten short months, your poll will be quite fitting.

Yeah, Holloween will just roll on over again in no time : )

... ._.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Heya guys, Cloudy here, with a new topic in mind.

Just wondering, what manga is everyone currently following? I thought a small update would be nice to have.

For me, I'm reading:

- RELIFE: Probably my most favorite manga right now.

- Mousou Telepathy: If you don't mind the ecchi moments, it's quite a fun read. It's about a girl who can read people's thoughts.

- Boku No Hero Academia: My current shonen jump manga. Really love the artwork and the characters. The artstyle feels like a cool mix of east and west that I really dig.

- Yamada and the 7 Witches: Not really sure why I'm still reading this. I hope it ends soon...

- Gakkou Gurashi: The zombie story with cute school girls, and surprisingly tragic. It's a pretty good read I think.

- Horimiya: Really funny slice of life with some ridiculous jokes.

- Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san: About a boy trying to tease his friend, but gets teased by her instead. She's the ultimate trickster/troller.

- Nanashi no Asterism: a slice of life centered on 3 girls with a complicated love triangle between them, with one of them struggling with their love for their friend, among other troubling problems.

And that's just some of them.

Dance my pretties!

I'm reading a lot.... too much.
I haven't even written down or added them all to My MAL.... I've picked up around 20 manga last month or so.

Follow my Gaming and Graphics Business on facebook and on Twitter:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=101878997952596&ref=br_rs

https://twitter.com/KellyGGWD

Ongoing

• One Piece - King of manga, both in sales and quality. I could write LAPs on this, but I honestly can't think of any manga so carefully pieced together to create such a cohesive experience. 

• Shokugeki no Souma - Predictable as heck, but great characters, artstyle, and overall very fun to read. Current holder of my OTP (Sorina!)

• Hunter x Hunter - Technically this should be in the hiatus section...but I'm caught up so I'll put it here. Amazing story with some deep and thoughtful narrative, and some of the most impactful moments I've witnessed in this genre. The narrative doesn't follow traditional formulas, but once you grasp the themes the author is going for, it really stands out as one of the best stories in its genre, and one of my definite favorite manga (the anime is one of the few 10/10s for me).
    On the downside though...the art is kind of rough, since the author refuses to work with assistants, and he constantly goes on hiatus. 

• Boku no Hero Academia - Follows some genre tropes at first, but does a good job standing on its own as the story continues. Artstyle is really nice, cool blend of Western comic styles with Japanese manga. 

• Fairy Tail - I'm very hot-cold about this manga. On one hand, I love characters, the comedy is great, and the artstyle is one of my favorites, almost perfectly simulating an anime style. On the other hand, there's almost no story continuity, the plot feels extremely contrived, and most of the time it feels like the author isn't really planning more than 2 or 3 chapters in advance. I'd recommend this to anyone that doesn't mind turning their brain off, and wants to see big fights and cute girls. Do not read this for the story.

• Seven Deadly Sins - Keep thinking I'll drop this, but every 20 chapters or so I really find something to enjoy about it. Lot of the same problems as Fairy Tail, only without the lovable characters and nice artstyle. Well, I suppose that's not really fair, since I do like the support cast (King and Diane best characters), but the main character is an obnoxious self-insert, and the main girl is basically a blow-up doll...only more annoying.

• Ao no Exorcist - I always forget to catch up on this, and usually end up binging half a year's content twice a year. The start of the manga is great, and I like the cast and humor a lot...but lately I don't really feel the story is very well connected. On top of that, the last few arcs have really lacked in the magic of the start of the series, with a shift away from Judeo-Christian demons to regular ol' Japanese yokai, which is a bit dissapointing to me, since there are so many other manga that feature traditional Japanese themes. It does seem like it's returning to its roots recently, so I hope this is a good sign for things to come.

Catching up

• Tokyo Ghoul - Been slowly catching up on this one. Very dark, but not to the point where it just leaves a bad taste in my mouth..yet. Has a nice set of characters, and some interesting themes that I wasn't expecting.

• Horimiya - Not much to say on this one, but since I love the "opposites attract" dynamic in pairings, I knew right away this would be my cup of tea.

• Today's Cerberus - Not sure about this one yet. I guess it's like a harem with three girls in one body. FIrst few chapters were okay..but Cloud says it gets better so I'll keep trying.

Hiatus

• Magi - I used to like this one a lot more, but it has a serious identity problem that kind of annoyed me. It starts off a shounen adventure in an Arabian Knights setting, introduces Game of Thrones style character betrayal and political drama, and eventually shifts to some weird Jetson universe where one of the main characters becomes the CEO of the world. It's still interesting enough that I want to get back into it...but the change in tone kind of annoyed me.

• Yamada-kun and the Seven Witches - Hilarious story with cute characters...and I highly recommend this up to chapter 90. After that...I don't know. This is a good example of a manga that should have quit while it was ahead. The plot after chapter 90 just introduces new plot troubles to extend the story, introduces new characters to keep things interesting while ignoring most of the existing characters. I really wasn't cool with this artificial extension, so I stopped reading.

• Shingeki no Kyojin - I'm interested enough to care about what happens, but the ugly art design and anti-climactic character death turn me off. Haven't read this one in a while, need to buid up motivation again.
Some other smaller manga that I didn't care enough to write down...but these are the key manga I read weekly, or plan to read weekly eventually.