By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - LAIR kills competition in GAMER's DAY

All joking aside, LAIR does look gorgeous. I think it will boost sales without a question. NGS also comes out in July, so PS3 will see a healthy boost in sales, it has to. I've got nothing against the PS3, it has many games I won't be able to play on any other system (LBP, Uncharted, HS, Team ICO).

Around the Network

I don't quite see where the Wii got involved here. The title of the thread is "LAIR kills competition in GAMER's DAY" which indicates that of the games shown for the PS3 and PSP Lair was the best. I wasn't there, and I don't like to hype games based on what I think about them, but the reviews of those who were there don't seem to be favorable. Saying other PS3 games like Uncharted or Heavenly Sword were or seem to be better is not bashing Sony or the PS3 just Lair. Oh well, to paraphrase Menachem Begin, "Sony bash Sony, and they come for the Wiis."

This thread rocks... much funnier than anything I have seen for a while. Tempted to make that calender my sig... for a while at least ;) !!ROFL!!

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

gebx said:
johnsobas said:
onslaught in june, i'm marking it down on the calendar.

do mark in your calendar.

MOTORSTORM is the best selling ps3 game in Europe till date.

In US and JAPAN it has sold around 350k copies till april,2007.

add europe u have well over 700k which would undoubtedly reach 1 m in a couple of months.

VF5 was never as hyped as MO.

compared to Lair MO was hyped to almost null.

yes troll we would see in JULY.

and what do we expect from you anyway who says that x360 (a dead console in Japan with 2k units per week) would sell around 1 million units in Japan by december ,2007.

lollllll.............what a dreamer????

wwoooowww what a joke.

We would confront the skeptics at E3 and we would see the JALWA in JULY,2007.

Larry, you remind me of washimul... capitalizing things, talking in a cocky, over-confident manner and over-exaggerrating words/acronyms...

BTW, thanks mrstickball for banning my other account, Cursayer, for "3 days" and leaving me banned for well over a week.

Around the Network

No one mentioned the Wii. All we said was Lair was not as good as the other great games Sony showed. If you want to take that as somehow Sony-bashing, it doesn't even make sense since we only referenced other Sony games. You two (larry, Blue3) are walking a dangerous line, I suggest you cool your tempers.

larry said:
Blue3 said:
DKII said:
Did you even read any of the hands-on impressions of the game? Lair was definitely the ugly stepchild of the show, almost every other game there was miles better.

lol

funny how the next big game from Sony is geting nothing but hate from vg.

1up "Playing Lair, one world comes to mind: Epic"

in June ps3 would sell atleast 150k units vs 100k for x360 and elite(with a 2$ dvd drive and a watered down console + 50 yearly subscription fee!!! what a rip off).

Lair uses 40% of ps3's power and is not possible on any consumer hardware including the watered down 360 and a pc with quad core processor.

OTHERS please watch the boss battle at GT.

even the Camera footage looks way better than anything on any console/pc shown  till date.

It got less attention at SGD because Uncharted and HS wowwwwwwwwwwed the skeptics .

see the direct feeds here:-

http://fp.scea.com/Content/Movies/16209/Videos/1/movie720p.mp4

http://fp.scea.com/Content/Movies/16210/Videos/1/movie720p.mp4

onsluaght starts June,2007

Is it just me or did Lair lag when he flew through that big exploding thingy in the air?  If this game is only using 40% of the PS3's power, why would it be laggy?  To be honest, Lair doesn't hold much appeal though it looks nice.  I'm just surprised it was lagging is all.

As for it not being possible on other consumer hardware, give me a break.  I would be very surprised to find out there aren't any PC's out there that could play that game better than the PS3, though I agree you wouldn't find one for 600$ =).  The PS3 is powerful yes, but it isn't that powerful, no matter what sort of spin sony execs like to give it.

edit: added through to first sentence

Lair did not steal the show at gamer's day, and that is simply because only a short 1 minute trailer was shown at it. Uncharted was shown with trailers and playable pieces. Heavenly sword and ratchet and clank were also seen in game. That is why those titles were better at the show than lair.

k weird triple post

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

triple post... weird.. sorry

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)