By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - LAIR kills competition in GAMER's DAY

dannyphantom105 said:
Lair did not steal the show at gamer's day, and that is simply because only a short 1 minute trailer was shown at it. Uncharted was shown with trailers and playable pieces. Heavenly sword and ratchet and clank were also seen in game. That is why those titles were better at the show than lair.

Is that normal for a game that should be coming out in July??

Larry - Yes my Japan prediction is a little out of reach, I made it a couple months back... and if it turns out wrong than I'll call the prediction a bust... and it will stay in my sig as a busted prediction.

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

Around the Network
gebx said:
dannyphantom105 said:
Lair did not steal the show at gamer's day, and that is simply because only a short 1 minute trailer was shown at it. Uncharted was shown with trailers and playable pieces. Heavenly sword and ratchet and clank were also seen in game. That is why those titles were better at the show than lair.

Larry

-

Uncharted's new footage stole the shine off just about any game.

LAIR's direct feed was not available for download/viewing.

However check the HD boss battle on GAMETRAILERS.com

Lair easily beats anything on x360.Dont even speak about that cartoonistic Halo3.

gebx said:
dannyphantom105 said:

Larry - Yes my Japan prediction is a little out of reach, I made it a couple months back... and if it turns out wrong than I'll call the prediction a bust... and it will stay in my sig as a busted prediction.

x360 would never reach 1 m  units  sold in Japan in its entire lifespan.

Your prediction is wayyyyyyyyyy out of reach.

again watch the BOSS BATTLE at GT .nothing on any other console comes close to it.

We will soon see at e3 and then we would witness LAIR rampage in July.

MOTORSTORM is the best selling ps3 game in Europe till date.

So what? Its the best selling ps3 game, you need to compare it to other consoles games for it to mean anything. It didnt push consoles like it was touted to by the PS3 fanboys on this forum. There will be games that will push the PS3 hard, lair isnt it.

The games that have a chance of redeeming the ps3 are MGS4 and FFXIII, there are at least five games coming on the PS3 that are MORE anticipated than lair.

And seriously, could you be ANY more fanboyish? Your bagging halo 3 when nobody has even bought it up yet and despite the fact that its certain to sell millions more than the game your touting. Its just silly.

larry said:
gebx said:
dannyphantom105 said:

Larry

-

Lair easily beats anything on x360.Dont even speak about that cartoonistic Halo3.

Fine, you want to compare graphics... then Ace Combat 6 has Lair beat.
Don't even speak about the cartoonistic Lair, Ace Combat 6 as photorealistic playing fields (their also much bigger then Lair Maps).

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

Around the Network

Washimul (yes, I know it's you due to your obsession with Lair and polygons, plus your fabulous language), the last time you said Motorstorm would rampage, PS3 only sold 130k units. I do agree with you on the fact that Lair beats out Halo 3, but it certainly isn't THE best looking game I've ever seen. I have to admit, though, the fluidity of the dragon in its movements is quite impressive. But I'd have to say Gears comes close to it. The graphics are nice, but not good enough to "easily" beat out an Xbox 360 game. And by the way, the 360 has a possibility of reaching the million mark if it continues with its current sales rate as of now.

I'll have to agree with those screenshots there, Geb. It's solid proof that Lair doesn't beat out every 360 game "easily". Maybe washimul could try and find facts before making these fanboyish posts and bashing other games.

how is 150k in a month an "onslaught" Wii sold 350k last month

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

larry said:
Blue3 said:
DKII said:
Did you even read any of the hands-on impressions of the game? Lair was definitely the ugly stepchild of the show, almost every other game there was miles better.

lol

funny how the next big game from Sony is geting nothing but hate from vg.

1up "Playing Lair, one world comes to mind: Epic"

in June ps3 would sell atleast 150k units vs 100k for x360 and elite(with a 2$ dvd drive and a watered down console + 50 yearly subscription fee!!! what a rip off).

Lair uses 40% of ps3's power and is not possible on any consumer hardware including the watered down 360 and a pc with quad core processor.

OTHERS please watch the boss battle at GT.

even the Camera footage looks way better than anything on any console/pc shown  till date.

It got less attention at SGD because Uncharted and HS wowwwwwwwwwwed the skeptics .

see the direct feeds here:-

http://fp.scea.com/Content/Movies/16209/Videos/1/movie720p.mp4

http://fp.scea.com/Content/Movies/16210/Videos/1/movie720p.mp4

onsluaght starts June,2007

lARRY STOP BEING AN ANNOYING FANBOY. LAIR DIDNT LOOK THAT GOOD BECAUSE OF CLIPPING ISSUES AND FRAMTRATE. UNCHARTED DOES LOOKS AMAZING AND SO DOES RATCHET. 360 IS NOT WATER DOWN ITS A BETTER THAN PS3 RIGHT NOW

gebx said:
larry said:
gebx said:
dannyphantom105 said:

Larry

-

Fine, you want to compare graphics... then Ace Combat 6 has Lair beat.
Don't even speak about the cartoonistic Lair, Ace Combat 6 as photorealistic playing fields (their also much bigger then Lair Maps).

OMG THATS ACE COMBAT 6. ITS AMAZING. IT HONESTLY LOOKS BETTER THAN LAIR