By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - LAIR kills competition in GAMER's DAY

as expected Lair finally has put any 360 game into the trash can

see the epic HD Camera footage of the boss battle at SGD.

www.gametrailers.com

Heavenly Sword and massively impressive Uncharted has killed all competitors.

as you can see in the Lair video , the single dragon probably has more polygons than a whole environment of gears of war.

Uncharted has surely doused the Crysis flame no doubt.

Sony onsluaght starts June.

Lair /HS/Uncharted would surely be the game of 2007.

i am no longer looking forward to killzone2.

BTW dont bring cartoon Halo 3 in here.

Around the Network

"Sony onsluaght starts June." We had people before who said the same thing about March because of Motorstorm. I don't want to see any tears in June when the PS3 sells 120k. Also, stop bashing the 360.

Did you even read any of the hands-on impressions of the game? Lair was definitely the ugly stepchild of the show, almost every other game there was miles better. Lair has graphics but has yet to impress in any other department, and all the other upcoming Sony games have graphics and actual solid gameplay to boot. Uncharted, HS, Ratchet will all do much better than Lair.

Lair has looked great at every show its been at. But it was uncharted that stole the show, any one can see this will be the next big hit (ala Gears) Uncharted also shown that the animation of the killzone cgi trailer is possible in real time.

I agree that Lair will not deliver on many levels. it looks nice and all, but it will be a letdown. Uncharted , HS, and Ratchet all look great, though, and I'm really looking forward to playing them.

Around the Network

Did you even pay attention to Gamer's Day coverage?

Lair is indeed the red-headed stepchild of the show. Whether or not it looks great, it got close to the least amount of attention. I clicked GameTrailers and actually had to search for the Lair footage, unlike the Heavenly Sword and Uncharted footage still lurking on the front page.

EDIT:  And this douses the Crysis flame?  wtf.

I would love to see some interesting info about Lair, but this thread is unfounded. 

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

i will be playing all the games showed on SGD. those games are GREAT! and looking forward for some new info about MGS4, KZ2, FFXIII, GT5 in E3.

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

DKII said:
Did you even read any of the hands-on impressions of the game? Lair was definitely the ugly stepchild of the show, almost every other game there was miles better.

lol

funny how the next big game from Sony is geting nothing but hate from vg.

1up "Playing Lair, one world comes to mind: Epic"

Lair Overhyped By VGChartz members?!?

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

Blue3 said:
DKII said:
Did you even read any of the hands-on impressions of the game? Lair was definitely the ugly stepchild of the show, almost every other game there was miles better.

lol

funny how the next big game from Sony is geting nothing but hate from vg.

1up "Playing Lair, one world comes to mind: Epic"

in June ps3 would sell atleast 150k units vs 100k for x360 and elite(with a 2$ dvd drive and a watered down console + 50 yearly subscription fee!!! what a rip off).

Lair uses 40% of ps3's power and is not possible on any consumer hardware including the watered down 360 and a pc with quad core processor.

OTHERS please watch the boss battle at GT.

even the Camera footage looks way better than anything on any console/pc shown  till date.

It got less attention at SGD because Uncharted and HS wowwwwwwwwwwed the skeptics .

see the direct feeds here:-

http://fp.scea.com/Content/Movies/16209/Videos/1/movie720p.mp4

http://fp.scea.com/Content/Movies/16210/Videos/1/movie720p.mp4

onsluaght starts June,2007