By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft Shares Vision for the Future of Windows and Xbox One Game Development, DirectX 12 and More

SvennoJ said:

Seems like it

• Xbox Live is seen as the “connective tissue of a cross-device gaming ecosystem.”
  • The company is focusing on making Xbox Live integration easier for developers.
  • New features are being implemented, like tools to drive engagement, retention and monetization, and cross-network gameplay support.

I've known for a while now that they have been losing to multiple parties for a number of years now but I didn't fully expect them to just take all the pages directly from Apple and decided they wanted to enact what another company did decades ago.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network
Protendo said:

The Xbox and Windows stores will be merged later this year, bringing features from the Xbox store to the Windows store as well, including DLC support, bundles, subscriptions, pre-orders and flexible platforms.

They lost me at subscriptions....

Woww..... they re doing it.... thats going to go over well.

JRPGfan said:
Protendo said:

The Xbox and Windows stores will be merged later this year, bringing features from the Xbox store to the Windows store as well, including DLC support, bundles, subscriptions, pre-orders and flexible platforms.

They lost me at subscriptions....

Woww..... they re doing it.... thats going to go over well.

Apparently they have over 200m "active devices", I'm guessing they feel like the whole planet has accepted their vision and 10 which also means they are pretty confident about just going all the way with it. I honestly hope it fails.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

No thanks, I'd rather not have to pay to play online just because another party gave up a fight from long ago but now wants the other group to suffer the same.

Around the Network
RavenXtra said:

That clears things up, although, can we be sure :p

Wait and see. They clearly want XBox Live on PC and in all cross platform titles.
MS sure likes the revenue stream it generates.

Maybe some limited Xbox live silver for PC missing many benefits?

RavenXtra said:

If only Phil had a better track record.

Why even mention bringing over subscriptions, if you weren't planning on bringing over new subscriptions to the PC market? Something is not right.

That being said, make all the fixes, no subscription fee, and add mod support...I'm in. 

Protendo said:
RavenXtra said:

Why even mention bringing over subscriptions, if you weren't planning on bringing over new subscriptions to the PC market? Something is not right.

That being said, make all the fixes, no subscription fee, and add mod support...I'm in. 

Probably because you can buy an Xbox/Groove Music subscription through Xbox Live in addition to buying it through the Windows Store. There are probably other subscription based services like Pandora that you're able to purchase through Xbox Live as well, but this is one of the major ones I can name off the top of my head.

RavenXtra said:
Protendo said:

Probably because you can buy an Xbox/Groove Music subscription through Xbox Live in addition to buying it through the Windows Store. There are probably other subscription based services like Pandora that you're able to purchase through Xbox Live as well, but this is one of the major ones I can name off the top of my head.

I don't see why those companies would give a bigger cut to Microsoft on "PC Live" when it's just as easy get  the service directly from the company. Why cut into your profits when you don't have to? It's understandable on Xbox where you don't have a choice.

I hope your right though.

They're really going to push hard to get everyone into that UWP walled garden. I pray that developers decline in droves. Giving Microsoft control over the PC market would a disaster. Their philosophy is giving then taking away is well documented. I'm certainly not going to support it.