By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mario 3D World vs Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze

The best is...

Mario 3D World 87 57.24%

Tropical Freeze 65 42.76%

Total:152

The ultimate showdown between what are generally considered the two most beloved platformers on the system.

Which is the better game in your opinion, and why?

Around the Network

I'll take 3D World. I just prefer moving around in a 3D plane in games and in general I prefer the Mario aesthetic over the DK one.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

One expanded greatly on its predecessor, the other did more of the same. Mario 3D World for me.

The only thing 3D World has that gives it a leg up is the 4 player co-op

Tropical Freeze has the better gameplay, level design, and music

Both are great tho

[] [] [] {} [] 

I like 3D World a lot, the overall looks and design of the game is absolutely gorgeous.

The music, while not the best, is still pretty catchy and memorable.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Around the Network

3D World. That was easy.

3D world, the last fight with bowser was fantastic... plus the best mario level ever:

Tropical Freeze, easily. Neither game was a particularly big step forward from past titles, but Tropical Freeze at least had interesting new environments and some fantastic set pieces, as well as an incredible soundtrack. Also, the co-op isn't horribly broken.

3D World.

While Dong Freeze is a great game, the game takes its toll on you in certain levels, especially later on, when they becomes annoying and tedious. 3D World starts out easy, gets a bit harder later on, but is always 100% fun, while Dong Freeze's Rocket Barrel and underwater levels are a mess, imo.

bet: lost

So my favorite Donkey Kong game vs my favorite game, sorry DK.

3D World was just amazing, new mechanics in every levels, tight controls, a beautiful soundtrack, dat final boss fight, Champion's Road, just everything about that game had me smiling like a little kid all the time.