By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I haven't bought a WiiU game since buying the console.

XCX has a bigger, more detailed world, than any other game out there. In some ways it is a lot better than the first game. Most of the flaws in XCX come from the game being too big. There are too many things to do, too many systems, and too many ways to build a character. It is very easy to get lost in XCX, in more ways than one. When building a character you can get lost and not know what to spend points in. When doing quests you can get buried in a seemingly unending stream of quests (This is especially true if you spend too much time doing story missions and ignoring sidequests.). When making augments, learning the nav system, and upgrading gear you can get lost. Xenoblade lacks a tutorial, and everything must be learned by reading the massive manual. There's too many options for your gear.

Anyway, if you want a game that will keep you busy for months, then get it. Splatoon is another game that will take up months of your time. At the very least rent those two games, before you sell your Wii U.

Around the Network

You get the wii u for the nintendo games. If you are not into nintendo games then you made a mistake getting the system. I have a Wii U for all the nintendo franchises and a PS4 for my M rated games.

MegaDrive08 said:
How can you not want mario maker, DKC:TF is a delight, unless your not into platformers of course!

Yeah im not into platformers tbh, i find them fun for like 5 mins. I prefer the slow grind of a rpg xD

BraLoD said:
Dulfite said:
The Wii U has some of the best exclusives for all time gaming. And Xenoblade X is arguably the best game, period, of this generation, let alone on the Wii U. Maybe your just not a Nintendo or JRPG gamer?

He have a Final Fantasy IX avatar... (and Final Fantasy VII Remake signature)

I know him for a while, he does like JRPGs, not so sure about Nintendo though, but he even said he wanted XCX but got put away with the reviews as he seems to be expecting something on par or better the original XC.

But a JRPG gamer would be leading to a PS4 or Vita or even the 3DS before the Wii U, you can't say the guy is not a JRPG gamer because he didn't got a single one, which he even was interested, before launch.

Jrpgs make up 80% of my gaming library xD 

Cream147 said:
MTZehvor said:

Maybe he will enjoy X if he gives it a shot one day. If OP has the disposable income to take risks like that, then sure, go for it, I suppose. Considering that he's been very careful with what he does and doesn't buy, however, I'm going to assume that's not the case. And, in that case, I think it's more than reasonable to wait for a price drop, at the very least. If money is a big deal, dropping $60 for what might turn out to be a thoroughly boring experience or worse would be an absolute shame.

Oh please, let's not be under any illusions here. This guy bought a console with Splatoon and then immediately traded in Splatoon without playing it. He bought a console for which there is apparently only 1 game he has any interest in. Does that sound to you like someone who doesn't have the disposable income to take risks? I certainly can't afford to buy consoles for which I have no interest in. So no, he certainly isn't careful with his money, that much is clear.

I think you answered your own question right there. It's very possible to not have a lot of disposable income, and also not be careful with your own money. I don't want to read too much into OP's finances, but that sounds like the case to me. He likely just made a poor purchase without thinking about it too much beforehand, and is now trying to be more careful with how he spends his money. 

Around the Network

sounds like you werent really interested in the games the system had to offer in general. Best to cut your losses now

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

I think i upset alot of people by making this thread, ill go to the game store today and force myself to not walk out of the shop until i find something i like

I don't blame you. I own a WiiU, but it took me over two years to buy, which is easily the longest I've waited to buy a Nintendo console. To this day, I only own Mario Kart 8, Wooly World, Tropical Freeze and, ahem ahem, the Angry Video Game Nerd game. I NEED to check out Xenoblade though.

Nintendo has gotten to a point where they aren't willing to really try anything new. They mostly just repackage and recycle beloved franchises. I hate to admit it, but it's all too true. That being said, I still plan on supporting Nintendo as long as I can. I have been playing my whole life, and respect their admiration and conservative approach to IPs.

If you're thinking about the NX you should probably wait to see if it's coming out this year.

Can't wait for The Zelder Scrolls 3: Breath of The Wild Hunt!

think-man said:
I think i upset alot of people by making this thread, ill go to the game store today and force myself to not walk out of the shop until i find something i like

Get XCX.

That and Tropical freeze.

Probably my two favorite games on the Wii U.