By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Do you like Phil Spencer/ think he has done a good job?

Does Phil Spencer do a good job?

Yes 33 44.59%

No 35 47.30%

Who? 6 8.11%

Total:74

Phil spencer seems relatively open and accessable on twitter.  He seems like he is usually open for collaboration with competitors, whether it be Banjo in smash or opening up xbox live for cross platform gaming.  And, Im my opinion, he's the most active video game executive publically.  Do you think his unique style has had a positive impact on microsoft/ the game industry?

Proud Owner of:

Atari: 2600 5200 Jaguar

Sega: Master System Genesis (W/CD) Saturn Dreamcast Game Gear

Nintendo: NES SNES N64 Gamecube WII WIIU GB GBA(W/e-Reader) DS(i) 3DS

Sony: PS1 PS2 PS3 PS4(W/VR) PSP

Microsoft: XBOX XBOX360

Other: Colecovision, TurboGrafx-16, OUYA, R-Zone Super Screen, Xavix, Intellivision

Windows 10 w/ 12GB RAM, first Gen i7 processor, and 480 GTX; MacBook Air

Around the Network

No, not really. I had hoped he did certain things that never came to frutition. He hasn't done a bad job either. I'm largely indifferent to most of his antics. It doesn't help that the dude loves twitter and people make headlines out of nowhere with what he says there most of the time.

No. He didn't do anything good until now, and the Xbox One is collapsing more and more. Nothing really worthwhile since he's here. Nothing catastrophic either, but still nothing. 

The only thing he's pretty good at is PR, and still, he butchered the whole Tomb Raider mess.

I think he's alright, I'm not sure how much of a say he has in some of the stuff that happens that I'm not a fan of (brining exclusives to PC closing some studios) as that may be more of like, some other people in MS. He's a gamer which is nice too. But he has said and done some dumb stuff but so has everyone else so. he's alright. 

I like it.

Around the Network

He has done a good job turning around some of the bonehead gaming policies of Microsoft. It feels like they finally have someone who actually plays games making the decisions. I have no doubt that the "for the gamers" direction is a corporate response to the initial Xbox debacle, though, and he does plenty of a spinning.

Still, if even half the things he says are fake, it would be a big improvement over where Xbox was before.

I like him and I feel like he's been good for gaming so far but I don't trust him completely.

I have no idea the direction the XBox brand is going to, particulary in relation with the rest of Microsoft. To be fair, he had to clean up a lot of the problems from other periods (change the Always Online, Always Watching XBone into a regular console wasn't easy, specially with the overwhealming backlash), but all the movements with W10 are somewhat worrying.

Anyway, I'm not a fan of the XBox brand, so my opiniond is kind of moot.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Just does what he is told.

he is a talking head like all the ones before him and on other systems. his job is literally to exaggerate the truth to make you feel hyped about something that probably doesn't deserve hype.

not sure why anyone likes any of these people.

People are obsessed with him. Its not healthy. I'm quite sick of reading his name.