By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - February 2016 NPD Thread! Hardware estimates up!

Hmm, Xbox One down yoy, by around 10%, that's kinda surprising in their strongest market and should be a cause for worry. Wii U down about 30% yoy. PS4 showing healthy growth, they still won't have to do much to maintain a big lead in 2016, it seems.

Around the Network
ZhugeEX said:
Farsala said:
So someone should ask on gaf how much the SFV special edition sold so we can get all SFV numbers.

The 200k number in the op includes both versions

Sorry I read the VGC OP and it says this 200k < Street Fighter V (PS4) < 210k (without special edition). And its hard for me to fish through the entire gaf thread for the exact comments on it.

ZhugeEX said:
tbone51 said:

Oh shit!  I forgot all ryou is is one of your followers, pls forgive my foolishness! 

lol, don't worry. I don't really care :P

You don't really care, but you always ask me to post it.

K

tbone51 said:

Oh shit!  I forgot all ryou is is one of your followers, pls forgive my foolishness! 

Ryou. Ryou!?

What the... RYOU!?!?!? O_O

Shadow1980 said:
Farsala said:

Just wanted to point out that this month almost had higher weekly numbers then Destiny month.

Destiny September: 538k/5 108k a week (300k was Destiny bundles)
Feb 2016 ~405k/4 ~101k a week

I forgot I had a chart for this:

thank you.. excellent data

Ryng_Tolu said:
ZhugeEX said:

lol, don't worry. I don't really care :P

K

tbone51 said:

Oh shit!  I forgot all ryou is is one of your followers, pls forgive my foolishness! 

Ryou. Ryou!?

My bad lol. Oh yeah is splatoon outselliNG halo? I thought some1 posted that on GAF. If true that's pretty bad

Around the Network
tbone51 said:
Ryng_Tolu said:

K

Ryou. Ryou!?

My bad lol. Oh yeah is splatoon outselliNG halo? I thought some1 posted that on GAF. If true that's pretty bad

You should not ask this to me, i have not access to NPD data :D Btw Splatoon never really outsold Halo. ( in the US...)

No Digimon numbers? Bleh.

Wanna ask this even here.

Which gonna be bigger: PS4 version of The Division in March NPD, or Uncharted 4 in May NPD?

Ryng_Tolu said:

Which gonna be bigger: PS4 version of The Division in March NPD, or Uncharted 4 in May NPD?

Has to be Uncharted, by quite a margin at that. It's an incredibly anticipated title and the installed base has grown to 40 million or there abouts by then.

The Division is a new IP, made by a developer and published by a company that have come under huge criticism in the past 6-7 years (rightfully so) and it sports forced online as well, which hasn't been hugely popular in the 7th and 8th generations.

I wouldn't be surprised if Uncharted 4 doubles The Division first month in the US (depending on exact release date, of course).

Ryng_Tolu said:

Mummelmann said:
Ryng_Tolu said:

Has to be Uncharted, by quite a margin at that. It's an incredibly anticipated title and the installed base has grown to 40 million or there abouts by then.

The Division is a new IP, made by a developer and published by a company that have come under huge criticism in the past 6-7 years (rightfully so) and it sports forced online as well, which hasn't been hugely popular in the 7th and 8th generations.

I wouldn't be surprised if Uncharted 4 doubles The Division first month in the US (depending on exact release date, of course).

@both I think Division will win. It gets an extra week due to March having 5 weeks. March is usually bigger then May with software releases.

They both release at about the same point in time in their respective months.

Watch Dogs did 600k on PS4 with only a few days of tracking. Division is bigger then Watch Dogs and has 3-4 more weeks to add onto it.

TLOU did almost 1m with 2 weeks+. I personally think Uncharted 4 will have a smaller launch then TLOU but end up selling massive numbers due to install base growth.

1m+ for  both would be great though.