By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - QB will not get Polish subtitlles/dialogues in Poland.

Can u imagine playing games only in language u dont know ?

Yes, I will learn to be a... 9 33.33%

No, I dont give a ... 18 66.67%

Total:27

http://pclab.pl/news68626.html

Long story short - If u dont know English language, there is no point in purchasing Quantum Break in Poland. Because a lot of ppl do not know it enough here ( yes, yes, including me ), the results in potential sales are obvious. 

For the ones who do not know - English languge is mandatory in ours schools timetables in Poland, but only from a maybe 10 years, so everyone who is older do not know it ( they learned Russian, including me, Russian u very nice language ! ) and console gamers here are mostly older people, very often with family and kids.

Here's the cover

" only in English "

My take on this - MS give up on X1 here, perhaps bad sales drive them to this move.

Sony games and most PC games get full Polish version, u are able to choose between Polish/English. Nintendo is not here at all.

Around the Network

X1 sales are not great in EU anyway. Disappointing for Poland though, but does Europe care that much.

Wait, so they have the subtitles already done, but they are not putting them on the XBone version?

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

I must say I'm surprised if gamers don't speak enough English to be able to enjoy the story. Here gamers complain about Finnish subtitles 'cos everyone wants English. Dubbing is out of the question here, should be illegal. But yeah, I guess that's not good for Poland.

Darwinianevolution said:
Wait, so they have the subtitles already done, but they are not putting them on the XBone version?

Nope, the game is simply ENG only.

Around the Network
KingofTrolls said:
Darwinianevolution said:

Nope, the game is simply ENG only.

I don't know if that's lazy or dickish. Either way, a very big mistake, just put it on the game if it's already done.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

KiigelHeart said:
I must say I'm surprised if gamers don't speak enough English to be able to enjoy the story. 

There was a gamer that said already that he will always stop the cutscene/dialogue and go to the online translator, if he dont know what's goin on xD

btw I really cant understand why the game that rely on story so hard is not localized. I played Gears or Forza on 360 only in English and get no problems with it, because there is here hardly anything that u need to understand, but serioulsy - in singleplayer game, with TV show ? Geez.

Btw this is strange, because MS localized all X360 games here from 2010 if i rememebr correctly.

Eh, look at it on the bright side. At least it's not like Tales of Vesperia in Spain, which came with almost the whole box translated (Save for some lines that were in english, I'm guessing that's as far as the budget for translation went xD), and the promise of Bamco of adding spanish subtitles Day One. Something that never came, and consumers got screwed because they got the game waiting for some translation patch that never came.

Is there Russian subtitles available if you order the game outside Poland?

Playing a game like this without knowing what's going on with the story doesn't sound very appealing. It would be nice to know why they didn't localize it.

KingofTrolls said:

There was a gamer that said already that he will always stop the cutscene/dialogue and go to the online translator, if he dont know what's goin on xD

That's the spirit! It's exactly what we did as kids when playing old NES games like Zelda and later all the adventure games from LucasArts and Sierra. Eventually you'll learn, that's why I said I was surprised gamers don't know English.

edit. Of course such thing as online didn't exist, we had translation books. Geez more I think about it, everything is so was nowadays and yet everyone is just complaining 😆