By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PSV title Hyperdimension Neptunia U Will Be On PC/Steam on March 21

PxlStorm said:
Ka-pi96 said:

Usually above 100k apparently. http://steamspy.com/search.php?s=Hyperdimension+Neptunia

They must be happy with that to keep releasing them there though.

HDN games (or Compile Heart games in general) always have a very low budget, meaning that 100k extra sales is quite a lot for them.

Yes, this does make sense.  The Hyperdimension titles are being catered to a rather small audience.  And it's glad they are catering to their fans while being able to go a little further (PC market.)

Around the Network
LivingMetal said:
I do wonder how well are these games selling on the PC.

As ka-pi mentioned, they're doing ok. Re;Birth2 and 3 had a really bad drop, but that's kinda how Steam works. People bought the first one when it was $5-10 and are waiting for the other two to cost the same.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Kresnik said:
Sadly this has been my least favourite Neptunia game.

It's not bad per se, it was just supremely disappointing. I was really looking forward to it and it only really turned out 'alright'.

*snip*

I enjoyed it quite a bit and leveled Noire and Uni up to 99, then again I love musou genre so my view is a bit skewed.

Ka-pi96 said:
outlawauron said:

As ka-pi mentioned, they're doing ok. Re;Birth2 and 3 had a really bad drop, but that's kinda how Steam works. People bought the first one when it was $5-10 and are waiting for the other two to cost the same.

Aren't they on sale like right now? Maybe the sales will jump a bit this week?

Yeah, Re;Birth 2 is dirt cheap. 3 is a bit more.

All of them launched at $15, which is already a steal.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

The game is aight. I mainly got it because of the concept of consoles as people was funny to me and I had never played a Hyperdimension game prior. Its not a bad game, its very average. I think the main thing I like most is some of the game references thrown around

Around the Network
StarOcean said:
The game is aight. I mainly got it because of the concept of consoles as people was funny to me and I had never played a Hyperdimension game prior. Its not a bad game, its very average. I think the main thing I like most is some of the game references thrown around

This game is certainly not the HDN game you should start with :p

PxlStorm said:
StarOcean said:

So it seems o.o which is the best title?

StarOcean said:
PxlStorm said:

Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 3. Out of all the Neptunia games released on Steam so far, it is the best. The new PS4 title (Megadimension Neptunia Victory-II) is even better, but in order to fully enjoy the game you need to have played Re;Birth 3 first. It also has a lot of very cool references hidden inside the story.

Edit: If you wanna try it out, skip on the DLC characters, even though they're all free. It is game breaking to have them in the early game.

PxlStorm said:
StarOcean said:

Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 3. Out of all the Neptunia games released on Steam so far, it is the best. The new PS4 title (Megadimension Neptunia Victory-II) is even better, but in order to fully enjoy the game you need to have played Re;Birth 3 first. It also has a lot of very cool references hidden inside the story.

Edit: If you wanna try it out, skip on the DLC characters, even though they're all free. It is game breaking to have them in the early game.

Alright XD Im probably going to pick them up on PS though, which platform? PSV, PS3/4, I dunno x.x

StarOcean said:
PxlStorm said:

Alright XD Im probably going to pick them up on PS though, which platform? PSV, PS3/4, I dunno x.x

The Re;Birth games are all on PSV. Although the games are on sale on steam right now, so it might be smarter to buy it that way. (although I'm not sure if you even have steam or whatever :p)