By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 7 Reasons Lightning is the Best Video Game Heroine

Tagged games:

No Lara Croft is the leading lady.

Around the Network
BasilZero said:

I will apologize for Anfebious but he meant Garnet/Dagger.

There was a time in my life where I would have agreed with you but that was before I played X-2

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

she's better than Tifa and Aerith yeah, but Yuna is queen

Wright said:
Anfebious said:
Yuna deserves that spot more than Lightning.

I think you wrote "Rinoa" wrong.

You both misspelled Terra/Tina

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

I like Lightning a lot and honestly can't understand all the hate she gets here. Then again, there are very few fan bases as divergent as FF's.

Around the Network

I like Lightning's character design and concept. But Yuna far exceeds her trilogy with just one game (FF10-2). And Yuna's got some stiff competition with Jill Valentine & Claire Redfield, not to mention Red (Transistor) & Kat (Gravity Daze/Rush).

Hell no she is not even the best female FF character that would go to either Tifa,Terra or Yuna. LIGHTNING SUCKS.

Own:Nes,Snes,N64,Gamecube,Wii,WiiU,Gameboy Pocket,Gameboy Advance SP,DS,DSi,3DS XL,Sega Genesis,Sega Dreamcast,PS1,PS2,PS3,PSP,PSVita and Xbox 360.

Looking to get: Original Xbox 

A significant portion of my soul died with the first "SMT X FE" footage reveal.

Add me on PSN: afnanthekooltrex 

Check out my YouTube channel:  

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzZ6P0251NWOf7WUTsHmw_Q

GoOnKid said:

I like Lightning a lot and honestly can't understand all the hate she gets here. Then again, there are very few fan bases as divergent as FF's.

I'm with you, I like Lightning's character as well. 

I haven't played 13 or its subseries yet, but based on what I've seen in terms of gameplay footage and cinematic scenes, I think she's alright. I personally would take characters like Chun Li, Samus, and even Lara Croft over her first as best female protagonists in video games.

Lightning was also sexualized, remember the upgraded jiggliness in Lightning Returns. Lol!