- Content Limit: Please try to keep post length reasonable. I'd suggest around 6 pieces of total content (pics/gifs/videos, 3-4 if its an all video post) per post, but all I ask is that people just use discretion and if a post seems too long, just put the rest in a second post.
- Posting Limit: Try to keep it to 3 posts in a row.
- Original Content: All content posted in this thread should be self-made, please don't use this thread to post random screenshots/gifs/videos of games.
- Name Your Game: Always include the name of the game when posting screenshots so people can easily identify the games being played. As well-known as you think Super Mario 3D World may be, its still best to identify it so people who may not know can follow along!
- Emulators: When posting pictures of games run through an emulator, try to include the name of the emulator alongside the name of their game (ex. Skyward Sword // Dolphin Emulator)
- Distortion: Please post screenshots in their original aspect ratio & resolution to avoid stretching and other distortion.
- Spoilers: Please try to avoid posting major spoilers for games. You can always post just the URL to your image if it contains a spoiler, instead of embedding it.
- NSFW Pictures: Just remember that NSFW rules still apply to game screenshots/gifs/videos, so please avoid posting any screenshot that violates VGChart'z rules when it comes to NSFW content.
How to upload images using your Nintendo Switch:
- Use the capture screenshot/video button on the Switch Left Joy-Con or the Switch Pro Controller to save a screenshot or video of your content.
- Go to the Album menu from the home screen. Select the image/images/video/videos you would like to share.
- Upload the content to your social media website of choice. The Switch allows you to upload to either Facebook or Twitter currently.
- Copy the source URL for these images and embed them into your post on this thread. Or, save them to your PC and then upload them to an image hosting site of your choice (Ex. Imgur) and then embed the URLs into your posts.
How to upload images using your Nintendo 3DS:
- Method 1: Similarly to Wii U, post your picture to Miiverse, then access it through the web-version of the site. Copy the URL of the picture you uploaded in your Miiverse post and post it into the thread!
- Method 2: For certain games like Animal Crossing: New Lead & Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS, screenshots can be saved onto the system memory. To upload these shots, open the Internet Browser from the Home menu and navigate to an image hosting site that works with the Nintendo 3DS (Imgur). Log into your account for whatever compatible image hosting site you use, and click Upload. When prompted with your 3DS image library, navigate to the screenshot you would like to upload and select it to upload. Copy the URL of your newly uploaded screenshot and post it into the thread!
How to upload images using your Xbox One:
- Press the Home button, then press Y to save a screenshot
- Go to Upload App -> My Screenshots
- Press the Start/Menu button over image and "share"
From here there are two methods to retrieve your screenshot:
- Method 1: Share to Twitter, get link off your Twitter page, copy and paste image
- Method 2: Share to OneDrive, upload to third party (Imgur, Minus, Flickr) OR get directly from OneDrive.com
How to upload images using your PlayStation 4 using the Share button:
- Method 1: Save your screenshot onto a USB drive, and copy it to PC. Use one of the 3rd party image hosting websites and copy the URL for your screenshot into the post.
- Method 2: Upload your screenshot to Twitter or Facebook. Copy the URL from this image and insert it into the post.
How to upload images using your PlayStation Vita:
- To take a screenshot, press the PS button and the START button at the same time. Some games may not be compatibile with this function however. Copy the images from the PS Vita onto the PC using the Content Manager, and upload them on your choice of image hosting site. Copy the URL for the screenshot and insert it into your post.
- Take a screenshot using your desired capture service (The old school Print Screen, or the screenshot hotkeys in services like Steam, Origin, Uplay, or a 3rd party capture program like FRAPS)
- Upload to a desired hosting website (Imgur, Photobucket, etc.)
- Copy URL from the uploaded image and insert it into your post.
Feel free to mention any other methods that work for you and I'll add them to the OP!
Image hosting websites that have been verified to work with Nintendo 3DS & Wii U:
Image hosting websites to use when posting from an emulator on a PC or Smartphone:
Feel free to PM me with any other image hosting sites that work for you!
Here is a good model to use when posting in the thread:
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D
Feel free to give your screens a little back-story as well, and be sure point out if anyone's screenshot looks especially awesome to you! xDLast edited by Raven - on 02 May 2020