By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Ex Lionhead Producer: Microsoft the “Destroyer” of 1st Party Studio

Ex Lionhead Producer: Microsoft the “Destroyer” of 1st Party Studios; Imagines Dedicated Executioner Waiting for Reckoning

"Really sad to hear the news about Lionhead. Microsoft really are the destroyer of first party studios. Seven years ago was a different story."   -Daniel Gray via Twitter.

http://wccftech.com/lionhead-producer-microsoft-destroyer-1st-party-studios-imagines-dedicated-executioner-waiting-reckoning/

Around the Network

How many have they destroyed so far to earn that title?

Makes me wonder why Bungie studios got away from Microsoft.

That is pretty offensive from him!

KiigelHeart said:

Rare, Lionhead and Bungie which wasn't first but they left half of it on 343 destroying 343 on the process too. Also i don't remember who made PGR but those aren't made anymore...

Around the Network
KiigelHeart said:

17 studios are shutdown that were first or second party studios for Ms since the inception of Ms Game studios. (2002-present) (According to Wikipedia. They only show 14 so I added lionhead, and the other two euro studios from this past year)

there have been only two first party studios that have made it from the clutches of Ms alive (Bungie, and twisted pixel)

aLkaLiNE said:
KiigelHeart said:

17 studios are shutdown that were first or second party studios for Ms since the Inception of Ms Game studios.  (2002-Present). (According to Wikipedia. They only show 14 so I added lionhead, and the other two euro studios from this past year)

there have been only two first party studios that have made it from the clutches of Ms alive (Bungie, and twisted pixel)

• This is against 9 first/second party studios closed by Sony within the span of SCEI (1993-Present)

Well the statement is basically true, MS doesn't have any productive 1st party studios that have lasted longer than a few years. They seem to not know how to not overhype games and then blame the devs when it doesn't work out.

CGI-Quality said:
elektranine said:
Well the statement is basically true, MS doesn't have any productive 1st party studios that have lasted longer than a few years. They seem to not know how to not overhype games and then blame the devs when it doesn't work out.

What about Forza? Turn 10 seems to be doing a fanstastic job of maintaining quality while pumping those titles out. The Lionhead drop may be a big blow, but I'm not ready to write them off just yet. Perhaps the X1 is their last console. Perhaps not. All of this points me in the direction of restructure, not impending doom.

Yea this feels like a restructure to me as well. Hopefully we hear what MS has going on soon.

aLkaLiNE said:
KiigelHeart said:

17 studios are shutdown that were first or second party studios for Ms since the inception of Ms Game studios. (2002-present) (According to Wikipedia. They only show 14 so I added lionhead, and the other two euro studios from this past year)

aLkaLiNE said:

• This is against 9 first/second party studios closed by Sony within the span of SCEI (1993-Present)

Well, this pretty much put things in perspective. 

This facts should be added on the OP imo.