By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sega Hit By Layoffs - Success On Mobile Is Hard To Achieve

foodfather said:
Don't really care. Announce Alien Isolation 2 them maybe I will.

I second that.

Around the Network
Darwinianevolution said:
Considering there are a lot of companies that can survive by just making A-AA games on the right platforms, I really don't know why Sega keeps pushing the mobile bandwagon. Sega's classic and modern IPs can work well under the right circumstances, and Atlus themselves are really successful making a lot of high quality A-AA games as their main focus.

If you actually read their financial report it'll tell you. SEGA's top 5 mobile games makes them about 25mill a month.  All SEGA's games they consider successful together brings them over 30mill

For everybody - These studios are not only closing because they suck, but also because SEGA's focus on Japan ---> West strategy. They say that in their official announcement. SEGA is focusing on making their Japanese games the center of their release portfolio.

Mobile world changes to quickly and if there is a game for it, there are at least 1 Million clones of that game

Hopefully Nintendo does well in this market

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

can u focus on making consul games now like u used to pls

Hopefully the recent poll opens their eyes.

I'm going to assume they actually listened to their recent poll questionnaire they held.

They should just focus entirely on their console/PC side of business.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network

I hope Nintendo knows what they're doing when they officially enter the war.

CosmicSex said:
Is it true that most of the hardcore Xbox fanboys are remnants of Sega console fanbase? Not the regular Xbox fans. I mean the real sick hateful demented ones. Is there any truth to this.

No I don't think so.

Sega was mostly dominant in Europe during the 90's and Europe nowadays is also called playstation land, so i'll let you do the math on that one.

Success on consoles seems to be just as hard for SEGA.

CaptainExplosion said:
Platina said:
Mobile world changes to quickly and if there is a game for it, there are at least 1 Million clones of that game

Hopefully Nintendo does well in this market

Maybe if they make a Mobile version of Mario Paint or WarioWare.

There definitely are a lot of games that would work really well on mobile, but whether it is a hit is a different question

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Sega should take all that coin from their pachinko business and just make a new console. Put all there IP behind it, rehire as much of the original talent as they can and give it one last shot. At this point, their reputation is a lot better than it was in 2001. Young gamers today think highly of them compared to that era which, in the case of the Dreamcast, was their only obstacle. If they could figure it all out in a way that made sense, I could totally see them having moderate success again.