By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why Did You Buy your Console?

Why did you buy the console you own?

Brand Loyalty 45 15.57%

Exclusives 188 65.05%

Multiplatform 8 2.77%

Controller 10 3.46%

Community 8 2.77%

Track Record 30 10.38%

Total:289

My final poll because for some reason lots of people seem to only deal in absolutes. It would be remiss of me not to do this actually. This is about the 'main' reason you bought your console.

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network

For Naught Dog's games. I would like to play them on PC but i can't so i have to buy low end hardware just to play their games :/

I think exclusives are a bad thing, everyone should be able to play any game in their favourite platform.

You don't really need five polls to accomplish this. Lets just look at sales charts.

PS4: 2 out of the top 20 games are exclusives. We can logically reach the conclusion that most people buy the PS4 to play multiplats.

Xbone: 4 of the top 20 games are exclusives. We can logically reach the conclusion that most people buy the Xbone to play multiplats.

Wii U: 19 of the top 20 games are exclusives. The only exception is ZombiU, which recently went MP. We can logically reach the conclusion that most people buy the Wii U for exclusives.

That was easy. And way more credible for your research than forum polls.

LudicrousSpeed said:
You don't really need five polls to accomplish this. Lets just look at sales charts.

PS4: 2 out of the top 20 games are exclusives. We can logically reach the conclusion that most people buy the PS4 to play multiplats.

Xbone: 4 of the top 20 games are exclusives. We can logically reach the conclusion that most people buy the Xbone to play multiplats.

Wii U: 19 of the top 20 games are exclusives. The only exception is ZombiU, which recently went MP. We can logically reach the conclusion that most people buy the Wii U for exclusives.

3 polls actually but it wouldn't be you without exaggeration :)

It's a very surprising result so far. I honestly thought community would be nearer number one.

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

3 polls actually but it wouldn't be you without exaggeration :)

Well at least I have provided you with rock solid data so we won't need an eventual five.

Around the Network

because PS4 would get most Japanese games even in early 2015

To burn money.

I collect them and I like gaming.

Exclusives and multi-plats. Sony has more games I want, then Xbox. All I want is Halo. Wii U. Again same reason. Since they have no multi-plats. I have to get the PS4, for that. So I have two consoles. And a PC, to fill in what I want there.

It's true that most of people buy a console to play with friends to the latest Fifa or COD. But, exclusives are essential in my opinion, because the hardcore gamers choose a console because of them. And even if they are a small part of the market, they are the ones that go and buy a machine day one, and they spread the word. Hardcore gamers buy tons of videogames, accessories and dlc, they are the people from whom the companies make more money. So, yes, exclusives are very important, even if they don't chart every week. They are the reason I buy consoles (and ease of use of course).