By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - before purchasing Twilight Princess HD consider this.

Which one looks better?

First Video 5 20.00%

Second Video 9 36.00%

Results 11 44.00%

Total:25
RushJet1 said:
Of course the fan one isn't done yet, so you can't get it yet. The fan can't charge anything for his because Nintendo would definitely shut it down if they did. The fan one does look better but runs on far better hardware than the Wii U has. 

Its still emulation though which eats up ALOT of power. The Wii U is not super weak, its stronger then an ps3. Im not a developer though.

BTW: this topic is also a nice illustration of the nintendo fanboysnism here (admins please dont ban me because i said critics lol :D)

Even if something looks clearly better, they will still defend their nintendo products and claiming this version looks better. If you see in youtube comments, EVERYBODY says the Dolphin version is superior. Here on forums its a tie.

I could probl make a poll: "Which consoles games look better; wii u vs xbox one" and wii u would win^^

- Moderated, Carl

Around the Network

Wii U looks better, honestly.

JNK said:

I could probl make a poll: "Which consoles games look better; wii u vs xbox one" and wii u would win^^

Apples and oranges in that argument though - you're basically comparing "graphical fidelity" vs "art style."  Xbone obviously has the ability to make better graphics, but it depends on the devs to make it actually look appealing.  With the TPHD videos though, it's the same game, so it's much easier to make a judgment call :P

RushJet1 on: 

Bandcamp

YouTube

Twitter

JNK said:
RushJet1 said:
Of course the fan one isn't done yet, so you can't get it yet. The fan can't charge anything for his because Nintendo would definitely shut it down if they did. The fan one does look better but runs on far better hardware than the Wii U has. 

Its still emulation though which eats up ALOT of power. The Wii U is not super weak, its stronger then an ps3. Im not a developer though.

BTW: this topic is also a nice illustration of the nintendo fanboysnism here (admins please dont ban me because i said critics lol :D)

Even if something looks clearly better, they will still defend their nintendo products and claiming this version looks better. If you see in youtube comments, EVERYBODY says the Dolphin version is superior. Here on forums its a tie.

VGChartz is dominated by Nintendo fans, haven't you worked that out. Isn't an attack by the way, but have noticed this a long time before i joined.

Wow, those images are poor quality. I have the game and the picture is far cleaner than that :P . honestly though, from what I can see, I prefer TPHD. These are more technically sophisticated but the official textures are more artfully designed. I've used a lot of texture mods in my day and the fan made one reminds me of the Skyrim 2K mod. Which was technically nice but artistically had a lot of distracting niggles and didn't feel like they belonged in the game.

Also, just because a fan does something for free doesn't mean devs should sell their similar products cheaper. Nehrim: At Fates Edge is a total conversion for Oblivion that creates an entirely new 50+ hour RPG. And it's free. So does that mean the next Zelda or the Elder Scrolls VI should be discounted to $30 or $20? Or how about something with more modder created original assets: Third Age Total War, also free. Guess that means the next Total War needs to come out at bargain prices?

Around the Network

It doesn't really make sense to compare a game running on PC to one running on Wii U, does it ?
also while the third immage you posted looks better in the dolphin I wouldn't say the same for the first two ...

Some of the textures on the Wii U version are better. Aside from that, I'll still buy the Wii U version regardless. 

EDIT: Looking at the video for the Dolphin version now. And, it looks like dogsh*t, tbh.

bet: lost

Luke888 said:
It doesn't really make sense to compare a game running on PC to one running on Wii U, does it ?
also while the third immage you posted looks better in the dolphin I wouldn't say the same for the first two ...

1. it does make sense to compare games running on pc, ps4, wii u, ps3, ps2 and co.

2. twilight princess doesnt run nativly on pc, its emulated. So the PC hardware advantage is non existence, scince the eumlations eats up all that power.

Random_Matt said:

VGChartz is dominated by Nintendo fans, haven't you worked that out. Isn't an attack by the way, but have noticed this a long time before i joined.

I extra made first video and second video as answers so people need to watch these videos and wont just click on wii u^^. doensnt helped much though 

Graphics was the last thing i cared about when buying it