By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Are you a sexist Pokemon trainer?

Do you have gender preferences for your Pokemon?

Yes 42 55.26%

No 34 44.74%

Total:76

....Tagged.

Around the Network

Yes, I tend to prefer an only male team except if some of the pokémon that I chose look to fit with a female gender IE Gardevoir, Whigglytuff, Clefable etc...

I feel the same way, some pokemon can be any gender but some have to be male or female or else it feels wrong.

I had no idea that there were male and female pokemon I thought them to be without gender. Are they procreating through sex ? whats the difference between a male and a female pokemon ?

I usually wanna have a team that consists three males and three females. Am I being progressive enough, or should I have two males, two females and two non gendered Pokemon?

Around the Network
Netyaroze said:
I had no idea that there were male and female pokemon I thought them to be without gender. Are they procreating through sex ? whats the difference between a male and a female pokemon ?

To the first question, yes. If you put two compatible Pokémon (it can be the same species like two Charizards, but they can also be in the same "Egg Group", like a Charizard and a Dragonite) they will breed and they will have an egg. As for the second question, there are some physical differences for some Pokémon, but not for others. For example, this is a male Pikachu:

And this is a female Pikachu

As you can see, their tails are differently shaped.

Only time it matters for me is when I'm trying to do breeding but otherwise I don't really care.

I usualy don't care. But like you said, I prefer a male Machamp, or a female Mawile.

What?! I can't hear you over all this awsome! - Pyrrhon (Kid Icarus:Uprising)

Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE! - Wonder-Red (The Wonderful101)

Alright, me & my friends talked about Pokemon, to be honest with you, i had Machoke female... It's so weird... xD Most Pokemon should've been gender exclusively.

I don't care, but I'd like my starter to be male.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames